Green Card arrived! - St. Louis

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Green Card arrived! - St. Louis

Hello all,

Having filed for AOS and EAD on 4th November 2003 and successfully completing the AOS interview on 18th February of this year, Anna and I were expecting the green card to take a year or more to arrive, given the experiences of others posting here.

We were in for quite a suprise!

Yesterday (22/04/2004), two envelopes arrived. The first contained the welcome notice entitled "Welcome to the United States of America". I couldn't help but wear my daftest looking grin after reading that. The letter stated that my permanent resident card would be arriving within three weeks. The second envelope was from Lincoln, Nebraska and had a rather inflexible credit card sized object in the centre...could it be? Yes! The green card arrived the same day at the notice and only two months after the AOS interview and a mere 6 months after filing.

As the title says, we filed in St. Louis, Missouri. We were really impressed with their attitude and the manner in which they conducted business over there during filing, finger-printing, and the interview itself and now it looks like that level of service runs throughout the whole process.

Good luck to those still awaiting their green cards!

Neville and Anna