Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Green card application for me and my son while not living together

Green card application for me and my son while not living together

Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

selay2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Green card application for me and my son while not living together

I recently got married. I used to live in Florida with my 13 year old son. My husband lives in NY. I decided to move to NY with my husband. However, my son and husband do not get along. I am thinking to move in NY with my husband alone and leave my son with my cousin in Florida. My cousin will be his legal guardian. So my question is this: Can I apply for green card for myself and my son even if we are not living together in the same house?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green card application for me and my son while not living together

Originally Posted by selay2009
I recently got married. I used to live in Florida with my 13 year old son. My husband lives in NY. I decided to move to NY with my husband. However, my son and husband do not get along. I am thinking to move in NY with my husband alone and leave my son with my cousin in Florida. My cousin will be his legal guardian. So my question is this: Can I apply for green card for myself and my son even if we are not living together in the same house?
Your questions *really* need the advice of an immigration attorney.

Your friend reported a different set of circumstances from 'your' original story. I'd really encourage the members of this forum to not get overly involved in something with a fraction of the information.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What is your current status in the USA? How long have you been here? You used to live in Florida...where do you live now? Your husband lives in NY...and where do you live?

It was previously posted that your ex husband does not approve of his/your son living with your new husband. But in this post, you say that your son and new husband do not get along. Which one is the truth?

Your best bet is to have a consultation with an immigration attorney. You are mixing some family law with immigration law here. You will need professional guidance.

You do not have to answer the above questions in public, but be prepared to discuss everything honestly with an immigration attorney.

Rene
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

husnuceylan is an unknown quantity at this point

Both me and my son are students here with F1 visa. My ex husband did not approve permission because my son and new husband do not get along. I live with my new husband together but also have another house in Florida where we used to live with my son. I know that husband and wife must live together in the same house but is this also a must for my son and husband?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:56 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

This is ridiculous.

If both of these accounts belong to you, we will just merge them under one account. If that is the case, you are also just posting untruths here and wasting people's time.

Whatever you do, you're going to need a lawyer's intervention.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

By the way, my friend is next to me. His English is better than mine, that is why we decided to send the initial message from his computer.

Besides that of course I know I need to talk to an attorney. I already have 3 appointments for the next week. However, it would be good to hear the advises of different people in this web site.

Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:58 pm

By the way, my friend is next to me. His English is better than mine, that is why we decided to send the initial message from his computer.

Besides that of course I know I need to talk to an attorney. I already have 3 appointments for the next week. However, it would be good to hear the advises of different people in this web site.

Thanks for your help.
I have never seen anyone answer a question remotely similar to yours. If you do get an answer, it doesn't really matter since you are going to see a lawyer yourself next week.

You can find the INA, the immigration law, posted on uscis.gov if you want to research your questions in advance.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hearing the advice of a bunch of laymen on this forum probably won't help you much. It's best to talk to the professional attorney.

Rene
Old Feb 19th 2011, 1:19 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Not often you get a mother dumping a child because her new beau can't handle a 13 years old ...

Somebody, somewhere must be proud of you
Old Feb 19th 2011, 1:34 am
Account Closed

thank you for this life chancing comment, know i know what to do