Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Great news for EB3 awaiting AoS dates.

Great news for EB3 awaiting AoS dates.

Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Socal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great news for EB3 awaiting AoS dates.

Originally Posted by tonyghiggins
Anyone filed a I140 at NSC around August for EB3 had any luck?
Nope, looking at www.trackitt.com there are quite a few approvals for June filers on EB3, but almost nothing for July and August yet. I am waiting for EB1 filed in July and have seen no update yet.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:59 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

So the AoS will get stamped and approved, use up one visa allocation, but then just not get sent out until I140 is approved?

If so at least this is something.
Hi:

No, it does not mean that. It means simply you can get the AOS on file. It can NOT be approved until the I-140 is approved.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

tonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of light

What use is "getting an AoS on file"? As opposed to having a receipt and being inputted into their cris system (can view online as pending).
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:51 am
Account Closed

What use is "getting an AoS on file"? As opposed to having a receipt and being inputted into their cris system (can view online as pending).
Hi:

It pays to remember that priority date cut-offs can go BACKWARDS. You must have a current priority date at two times in the ADJUSTMENT process -- filing and approval.

Your life, not mine. I may be a lawyer, but I'm not YOUR lawyer. You may chose to do whatever you want.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:56 am
Just Joined

vptracker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Socal Local
Nope, looking at www.trackitt.com there are quite a few approvals for June filers on EB3, but almost nothing for July and August yet. I am waiting for EB1 filed in July and have seen no update yet.
NSC had been doing well with EB3 140 processing, but pushed there dates back to Jan 07. fyi
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

tonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of light

Ohh I think I understand thanks.

I filed the AoS back in August, so the current dates for me have ZERO meaning because of the I140 backlog, which I then gesture back to my previous point.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

Ohh I think I understand thanks.

I filed the AoS back in August, so the current dates for me have ZERO meaning because of the I140 backlog, which I then gesture back to my previous point.
Hi:

Then what was the September 1st reference in your original post about?
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Then what was the September 1st reference in your original post about?
Receipt date (Should of been sept 11th). Filed in August, Receipt date of sept 11th.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

Receipt date (Should of been sept 11th). Filed in August, Receipt date of sept 11th.
Hi:

The initial receipt notice will have TWO dates on it -- the date the application was actually received and the date of the notice. Please be aware that there has been a persistent quirk in the software since the late 1980's. The original software was written on the assumption that the initial reciept would issue on the same day as the application was received. When that went by the wayside, there was a quick and dirty fix to the INITIAL notice to show the ACTUAL receipt date. However, for all other notice, the various I-797's will show the initial notice date as the received date. This has been causing a lot of confusion for 20 years now!