Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

got visa with a bad time ansd trouble at POE

got visa with a bad time ansd trouble at POE

Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:43 am
waiting for 4 years

letysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really nice
Default got visa with a bad time ansd trouble at POE

My Finace got her visa on the 27th of arpil in juarez , mexico
we got at the Conslate at 5.15 . was in at 7 am . got called to the first window at 7.30 and was called to second window at 8 AM . second interview over at 8.02 am . Interview told us to sit down and would be called again . nothing said about approved or deined
heard name called again by interviewer at 2 pm . she said i called you by mistake . so name called again at 3 pm . Had visa in passport .
crossed into the USA at EL Paso , Texas . The man told my finace I could get a ead stamp when i married and i could not go back into mexico unless I was married and then come back on the Visa. I said no the visa was only good for 1 entry and he said true but after I was married I could come back and forth on this visa . I thought no way . went to Motel and I went back to get 2nd load of luggages . I was stopped by the border patrol who was haveing a bad day . was yelled at . opeaned suit cases and broke several things after a 30 min delay and the opening of every box and suit case he was alowed to leave I called th e local office of the BCIS and they told me They do not know why my finace could not get a EAd stamp and what they said about the visa was untrue . and I was right , but The good Man of the BCIS told me i was wrong . This makes me afraid now because of starting the AOS process , but any way My love is here with me
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:19 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: got visa with a bad time ansd trouble at POE

Many congratulations to you both, Jim, on finally receiving the visa. I know it's been a long, hard road.

I'm sorry to hear that you had so much trouble at the POE but at least Lety is home with you now.

Best wishes

Tam
Old May 1st 2004, 1:59 am
Harold

Most Ports of Entry no longer put an EAD stamp on a K1 visa. Legally
it is not needed for her to work, but most employers do not know that.
She should apply for her Social Security Number now. After you marry,
she has to have applied for and been granted an EAD in order to
legally work- and then she would need the EAD to get a SSN.

The K1 visa is single entry. She should NOT leave the country before
she gets her green card without applying for and receiving an Advance
Parole document or she will be denied reentry.

letysjim <member18638@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My Finace got her visa on the 27th of arpil in juarez , mexico
    > we got
    > at the Conslate at 5.15 . was in at 7 am . got called to the first
    > window at 7.30 and was called to second window at 8 AM . second
    > interview over at 8.02 am . Interview told us to sit down and would be
    > called again . nothing said about approved or deined
    > heard name
    > called again by interviewer at 2 pm . she said i called you by mistake
    > so name called again at 3 pm . Had visa in passport .
    > crossed into
    > the USA at EL Paso , Texas . The man told my finace I could get a ead
    > stamp when i married and i could not go back into mexico unless I was
    > married and then come back on the Visa. I said no the visa was only
    > good for 1 entry and he said true but after I was married I could come
    > back and forth on this visa . I thought no way . went to Motel and I
    > went back to get 2nd load of luggages . I was stopped by the border
    > patrol who was haveing a bad day . was yelled at . opeaned suit cases
    > and broke several things after a 30 min delay and the opening of every
    > box and suit case he was alowed to leave I called th e local office of
    > the BCIS and they told me They do not know why my finace could not get
    > a EAd stamp and what they said about the visa was untrue . and I was
    > right , but The good Man of the BCIS told me i was wrong . This makes
    > me afraid now because of starting the AOS process , but any way My love
    > is here with me

Old May 1st 2004, 2:39 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Glad your fiancee got her visa and got across the border. Your post is very jumbled and very confusing as you continually change pronouns making it seem as if you were the foreign fiancee and that you needed a visa and not her.

I'm surprised they allowed you in a second time with additional luggage. If they were your fiancee's belongings, she was suppose to bring them through and not you.

Anyway congratulations on your success. Just get married and file for her adjustment. Don't worry about who said what to you at the border. You know what needs to be done.

Rete

Originally posted by letysjim
My Finace got her visa on the 27th of arpil in juarez , mexico
we got at the Conslate at 5.15 . was in at 7 am . got called to the first window at 7.30 and was called to second window at 8 AM . second interview over at 8.02 am . Interview told us to sit down and would be called again . nothing said about approved or deined
heard name called again by interviewer at 2 pm . she said i called you by mistake . so name called again at 3 pm . Had visa in passport .
crossed into the USA at EL Paso , Texas . The man told my finace I could get a ead stamp when i married and i could not go back into mexico unless I was married and then come back on the Visa. I said no the visa was only good for 1 entry and he said true but after I was married I could come back and forth on this visa . I thought no way . went to Motel and I went back to get 2nd load of luggages . I was stopped by the border patrol who was haveing a bad day . was yelled at . opeaned suit cases and broke several things after a 30 min delay and the opening of every box and suit case he was alowed to leave I called th e local office of the BCIS and they told me They do not know why my finace could not get a EAd stamp and what they said about the visa was untrue . and I was right , but The good Man of the BCIS told me i was wrong . This makes me afraid now because of starting the AOS process , but any way My love is here with me