Got the O1!

Old May 27th 2009, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got the O1!

No particular reason for this thread except to say USCIS finally capitulated and gave me the O1.

In the end it took 31 letters of reference from famous professors and CEOs, which was bloody hard work to organize, but I finally made it.

So the moral of the story is that a relatively young person (I'm 29) can go for the O1 if they have they can organize a convincing (large) pile of evidence (they don't necessarily need a Nobel prize or a big salary).

Looks like a weekend of partying could be on the agenda!
Old May 27th 2009, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got the O1!

One quick thing - do the Belfast consulate process O1 visas?

It isn't very clear from their website.

I don't do phonecalls if I can avoid them (listening to machines drives me nuts, especially at that price.)
Old May 27th 2009, 11:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, caleyjag!!! Our very own famous... chocolate maker, right?

It must be very gratifying to have that honor bestowed, even if it's just from USCIS. Be sure to tell your kids one day... I was a person of Exceptional Ability!

PS: weren't you going elsewhere to HQ.. can you interview there? Or are you in the UK now? Don't know how to find that out about Belfast.
Old May 27th 2009, 11:43 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleyjag
No particular reason for this thread except to say USCIS finally capitulated and gave me the O1.

In the end it took 31 letters of reference from famous professors and CEOs, which was bloody hard work to organize, but I finally made it.

So the moral of the story is that a relatively young person (I'm 29) can go for the O1 if they have they can organize a convincing (large) pile of evidence (they don't necessarily need a Nobel prize or a big salary).

Looks like a weekend of partying could be on the agenda!
Congratulations!

Now you can be accused of looking down your nose at everyone else here... like I do!!!

Old May 27th 2009, 11:43 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Theo Chocolate - delicious
Old May 27th 2009, 11:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Theo Chocolate - delicious
That's scary you knew what I meant... I've got to try some of it soon.
I was always hoping caleyjag was 'theo'.

I just read the story of Dagoba chocolate recently (crazy!) and it explained the difference between US/Euro chocolate.. but that is for another thread...
Old May 27th 2009, 11:53 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
That's scary you knew what I meant... I've got to try some of it soon.
I was always hoping caleyjag was 'theo'.

I just read the story of Dagoba chocolate recently (crazy!) and it explained the difference between US/Euro chocolate.. but that is for another thread...
He might be , he might not be But Theo Chocolate is fandamtastic! A friend went to a wedding last month and gave me a choccie from the table. I cant get enough of the stuff now lol Serious choccie lover.
Old May 28th 2009, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

malj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations caleyjag - so all of that sweating over the H1B was for nothing?
Old May 28th 2009, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, although the attorney's advice is to ditch the O1 in October and take the H1 instead. Any good reason for that? It's not clear to me. I'm not married or anything. Does it make a difference for greencard applications? All she said is "the H1 trumps the O1".

As for looking down on people, I'm now (on and off) F1-J1-J1-J1-O1-H1

So frankly I think I have been able to look down on the Disneyworld Specials for a while!
Old May 28th 2009, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

PS: weren't you going elsewhere to HQ.. can you interview there? Or are you in the UK now? Don't know how to find that out about Belfast.
Yeah, I was going to be employed in the Netherlands but for some reason (unknown to me) it is easier for them to employ me in the UK for now. So I'm based in Edinburgh while the embassy does their thing. I've endured London a few times and am keen to go for Belfast if it is an option.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations, caleyjag!!! Our very own famous... chocolate maker, right?
Oh yeah, that guy.

No, I am your resident famous cancer-cell-laser-zapper.

I tell you what though, Hershey could do with getting one or two of those Swiss guys in on O1's sooner rather than later.
Old May 28th 2009, 6:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, congrats!
Old May 28th 2009, 11:51 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

yay! Congrats

Originally Posted by dbj1000

Now you can be accused of looking down your nose at everyone else here... like I do!!!

as if any of us would even think of that
Old May 28th 2009, 12:02 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, although the attorney's advice is to ditch the O1 in October and take the H1 instead. Any good reason for that? It's not clear to me. I'm not married or anything. Does it make a difference for greencard applications? All she said is "the H1 trumps the O1".

As for looking down on people, I'm now (on and off) F1-J1-J1-J1-O1-H1

So frankly I think I have been able to look down on the Disneyworld Specials for a while!
I don't understand that advice at all, and I think you should maybe start another thread to get Folinsky and Fong's views.

In your position I would immediately take the exact same evidence package used for the O1 and submit it in support of a National Interest Waiver for a Green Card application. In my view, being here on an O1 makes the NIW application much stronger than being here on an H1-B, since the O1 and the NIW are effectively saying the same thing - that your presence in the US is advantageous to the country.

Hell, if you got an NIW application in now, you could potentially have a Green Card by the end of the year, and then you could stop this endless cycle of visas!
Old May 28th 2009, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I don't understand that advice at all, and I think you should maybe start another thread to get Folinsky and Fong's views.

In your position I would immediately take the exact same evidence package used for the O1 and submit it in support of a National Interest Waiver for a Green Card application. In my view, being here on an O1 makes the NIW application much stronger than being here on an H1-B, since the O1 and the NIW are effectively saying the same thing - that your presence in the US is advantageous to the country.

Hell, if you got an NIW application in now, you could potentially have a Green Card by the end of the year, and then you could stop this endless cycle of visas!
I much prefer your sarcastic posts...you have been disappointing of late.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.