Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Got the line removed from my SS card

Got the line removed from my SS card

Old Jul 13th 2001, 12:27 pm
Jolenne

I don't remember if anyone remembers my post on how local SS kept screwing up my SS
card and not removing the "Not valid line w/o INS auth..." Well in a last ditch
effort I called them and asked them what was going on. I finally found a competant
person who told me, that the person who filed my form neglected to put the right code
on the form. She apologized for their mistake, and yesterday I received a new SS card
without the line. Its silly to be happy over something so small like a line, but I
am. I just wanted to thank you all for your help and the information you sent my way.

J

Old Jul 13th 2001, 1:18 pm
Daisy

Congratulations, now come to Kansas and do this for me will ya?

Daisy

>
up my
    >
last
    >
found a
    >
to put
    >
yesterday I
    >
something so
    >
and
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 13th 2001, 2:33 pm
Jolenne

Give me the number and I'll give 'em heck for ya. It always annoys me how gov't
agencies are not consistent state to state, heck even city to city!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]>> I don't remember if anyone remembers my post on how local SS kept screwing[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> SS card and not removing the "Not valid line w/o INS auth..." Well in a[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> ditch effort I called them and asked them what was going on. I finally[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> competant person who told me, that the person who filed my form neglected[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> the right code on the form. She apologized for their mistake, and[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> received a new SS card without the line. Its silly to be happy over[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> small like a line, but I am. I just wanted to thank you all for your help[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> the information you sent my way.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> J[/usenetquote2]

Old Jul 13th 2001, 11:52 pm
Michael D. Young

Jolenne wrote:

>
    >

Hi All!

OK before you give them a piece of you mind you may need later let me explain. LOL

Social Security has 10 regions and the field offices all fall under the control
of one of these regions. Each region can issue procedure that only applies to
that region, so something that might apply in Atlanta, might not apply in Boston
or Seattle.

Take care,

Mike