Genius Immigration Attorney

Old Sep 25th 2013, 10:03 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Genius Immigration Attorney

The other day, there was a reference to Margaret Stock as an attorney in Alaska.

Just this morning, the 2013 MacArthur Genius grants were announced:

Margaret Stock

BTW, one the three programs she is given credit for arose from an idle conversation we had some years back and I referred to US Army practice back in 1970 -- for which there was no institutional memory.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Genius Immigration Attorney

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
The other day, there was a reference to Margaret Stock as an attorney in Alaska.
Wow! Very impressive lady!

I have to admit, when I saw the thread title, I though... "What huge case did Mr. F. win now?"

Ian
Old Sep 26th 2013, 3:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought the use of the description Genius had become a term of amusement.

Perhaps the MacArthur Foundation could come up with a better title.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

MAVNI is a great program. It allows medical doctors and difficult-to-find language translators to gostraight from non immigrant status to citizenship, bypassing the green card process. This is especially great for those ona J-1 visa (who can thsu avoid the 3 year waiver)

MAVNI is back since October 2012. However the Army has an incredibly slow bureaucracy. Any physician thinking of using MAVNI instead of a J-1 waiver should apply with 2 years of anticipation, or find a way to extend their J-1 after concluding residency.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 6:58 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever I hear the term genius used especially in immigration terms, I think of Sen. Ted Cruz.

Here is a guy who was born in Calgary, his dad was a Cuban who was an immigrant, and he graduated from Princeton and then did a JD at Harvard Law School where he graduated magna cum laude. And he is often referred to as being a "genius".

And then the Dallas Morning News did an article on him saying he is a Canadian citizen and he said that came as news to him.

"“When I was a kid, my Mom told me that I could choose to claim Canadian citizenship if I wanted."
Right... he was born in Canada and graduated at the top of his class from Harvard Law School and didn't know that he's a Canadian citizen.

So either he's not quite as big of a genius as people think he is, or he's full of s--t.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...izenship.html/