GC lottery win questions

Old Nov 23rd 2021, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GC lottery win questions

Quick update and question:
My friend finally got around to applying (DS-260) about 3 weeks ago. She has all her documents ready but she is waiting for a response from KCC (Kentucky Consular Center).
Questions:
  • 1. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to respond on average?
  • 2. When they do respond, does anyone know how soon appointments are available? She is going to australia for a month for christmas and is wondering if she will have to book an appointment in London soon or will that happen much later.
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

LegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond repute

Did her seletee number come up in the Visa Bulletin?
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Yes it has already. She had a very low number but for personal reasons didnt get around to applying until 3 weeks ago.
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

LegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond repute

I believe she will have some flexibility in choosing an appointment time and it may be easier (i.e., more appointments available in London) in the new year. She is well ahead of the curve so will have plenty of time to get everything completed after a month in Australia. I don't know how long it takes KCC to respond though.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Below is part of the response from the KCC

A few questions:
  1. The date for the interview they suggested does not suit my friend. It doesnt seem to have an automatic way of changing the date of the interview. It just says "Please notify the office listed". Any idea what the best way would be to notify them?
  2. They gave an appointment for Jan 7th. Would moving it likely kick the appointment much further back or do they generally have lots of appointments available sooner?
  3. Is there a risk with the DV lottery in kicking the appointment back too far? Im assuming pushing it back a month or two wouldnt have any risk in not getting accepted?
Old Dec 24th 2021, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tariqbutt
Below is part of the response from the KCC

A few questions:
  1. The date for the interview they suggested does not suit my friend. It doesnt seem to have an automatic way of changing the date of the interview. It just says "Please notify the office listed". Any idea what the best way would be to notify them?
  2. They gave an appointment for Jan 7th. Would moving it likely kick the appointment much further back or do they generally have lots of appointments available sooner?
  3. Is there a risk with the DV lottery in kicking the appointment back too far? Im assuming pushing it back a month or two wouldnt have any risk in not getting accepted?
If it were me I would be bending over backwards to get to the date they set.
Old Dec 24th 2021, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Any particular reason? Is there a risk this early in the year?
Old Dec 24th 2021, 2:41 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Any particular reason? Is there a risk this early in the year?

Your friend has got an opportunity that many people would give their eye teeth for. You must have seen all the threads on this forum about the difficulties in obtaining interview dates at present -- and from people who have no hope of moving to the US. She should move heaven and earth to get to that interview and be thankful that her visa process is in motion.
Old Dec 24th 2021, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you. And actually I suggested this to her, but she is now facing a different issue.

The Interview is scheduled for Jan 7th. She just tried to scheduled her medical, but the approved medical examiner said the first available place is Jan 10th. They actually told her she has to move the interview at least 10 days after Jan 10th so that the examination results are available at the time of the interview.
https://visamedicals.co.uk/united-states/

She was only told about the interview on Dec 20 (4 days ago). So there was in fact no possible way she could attend the interview since the interview needs to be booked before the medical can be scheduled.
Old Dec 24th 2021, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. And actually I suggested this to her, but she is now facing a different issue.

The Interview is scheduled for Jan 7th. She just tried to scheduled her medical, but the approved medical examiner said the first available place is Jan 10th. They actually told her she has to move the interview at least 10 days after Jan 10th so that the examination results are available at the time of the interview.

She was only told about the interview on Dec 20 (4 days ago). So there was in fact no possible way she could attend the interview since the interview needs to be booked before the medical can be scheduled.
I suppose the rules may have changed but it certainly has not been uncommon for the Medical results to be delayed and final issuance to await their arrival.
Old Dec 24th 2021, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

jkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond repute

DV lottery interview at Frankfurt Germany.

Old Dec 24th 2021, 5:20 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Some general and not-so-general comments.

I’ve observed that OP is in the habit of either creating or exacerbating problems in otherwise straightforward cases.

This thread is not even about OP’s own case.

There are more “winners” of the DV “lottery” than there are visas. Combined with the little fact that visa issuance is time limited to one Fiscal Year (ending Sept 30), the general rule is to avoid delay in processing.
Old Dec 25th 2021, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Your comment about me Folinsky would probably irritate me except that I respect your opinion so much and honestly love it when you reply to my posts.

My friend asked me to check if there are any other places she could get a medical check done, given that in the video shared above the girl mentions three locations in Germany. But I think this link is pretty clear that there is only one in the UK. Let me know if Im missing something there:
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ND-London.html

Seems crazy to me that they would schedule her interview for Jan 7th and not take into account time to get the medical done.

I have convinced her to move heaven and earth to make it for the interview (which she has now agreed to) but alas with christmas bank holidays etc its going to be some work to get the medical and the interview scheduled to dates that work for both them.

She has messaged the embassy so lets wait and see.

Merry Christmas all!
Old Dec 25th 2021, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts on the visa interview appointment and the need to comply as directed mirrors Mr. F's. As mentioned, she can attend the interview and take the medical afterwards. Her spot would then be "held" for her until the results of the medical are in and the case adjudicated.

Old Dec 25th 2021, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

The medical company is clear on their website that the medical must take place before the interview

Are they incorrect?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.