Galloping Gourmet

Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:58 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice
Default Galloping Gourmet

Ok, so now we are aware that British beef now gallops, but does that really matter!

Seems that all the high street supermarkets are in on the act, there's even suggestions the big burgers chains have been serving this galloping gourmet, in fact there seems to be traces everywhere!

In the end, does it really matter if its horse or beef.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 2:32 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Galloping Gourmet

We've probably all eaten it if we ate out in France or Spain anyway.
I thought horse meat was leaner and more expensive than beef, so they were getting a bargain maybe! I don't think it would bother me, I'm more concerned with the handling and cleanliness of the meat producers than what kind it is. So long as it isn't Soilent Green.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 6:14 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldnt bother me in the slightest, its just meat. I am more bothered that I have more than likely eaten kangaroo in Australia, I love kangaroos. I find horses devious and untrustworthy and should be eaten
Old Feb 9th 2013, 7:03 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
We've probably all eaten it if we ate out in France or Spain anyway.
I thought horse meat was leaner and more expensive than beef, so they were getting a bargain maybe! I don't think it would bother me, I'm more concerned with the handling and cleanliness of the meat producers than what kind it is. So long as it isn't Soilent Green.
Yes leaner, and less fat, a bit like venison, so I suppose it would be more nutritious than beef.

Its seems to be a big operation, horse meat is turning up in so many things, I just wonder where these so called criminals are getting the horses from, I mean somebody somewhere must of noticed.
Attached Thumbnails Galloping Gourmet-385317_10151394133319749_1728303136_n.jpg  
Old Feb 9th 2013, 7:29 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The major problem with the horse meat isn't anything to do with whether horse meat is OK to eat, but rather the trades description acts, and the fact that bute (butazolidione) is not allowed to enter the food chain in the UK due to the fact it has potential health hazards however bute is a common treatment for horses, so without the proper checks there is a potential danger, particularly if the horses are coming from an illegal source.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 12:12 pm
advocatus diaboli

[QUOTE=mikelincs;10533954 (butazolidione) is not allowed to enter the food chain in the UK [/QUOTE]

Yes you have a point, and if it is criminal gangs that are behind this trade, then you would expect the worse.
I also wonder why there hasn't been much commentary from British Beef, surely on the scale that this scandal is on wouldn't they have known, or maybe they are part of it, nothing surprises me these days.

I wonder what the lone ranger would say
Attached Thumbnails Galloping Gourmet-adams20130117_2453743a.gif  
Old Feb 9th 2013, 6:35 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just thinking it might push people to get back to cooking. It's not hard to make lasagna, and easy to make enough to have frozen portions for later. Get the meat from a reliable local butcher, perhaps even on the high street....

I know, I'm a crazy visionary!

Bev
Old Feb 9th 2013, 9:42 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
I'm just thinking it might push people to get back to cooking. It's not hard to make lasagna, and easy to make enough to have frozen portions for later. Get the meat from a reliable local butcher, perhaps even on the high street....

Bev
You are such an optimist.
Thats how we cook, we can't afford ready meals Dh eats too much.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:30 am
advocatus diaboli

Originally Posted by Bevm

Bev
Im of the same thinking, these frozen meals are the easiest of all to make, you can make a large batch and freeze them yourself

You are such an optimist.
Thats how we cook, we can't afford ready meals Dh eats too much.

I like to make my own pizza, so easy to make and freeze, only takes 10 minute under a grill to cook them, heaps cheaper and healthier than buying frozen or take way
Attached Thumbnails Galloping Gourmet-steve-bell-cartoon-17.01.-003.jpg  
Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:46 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by Panhandle

I like to make my own pizza, so easy to make and freeze, only takes 10 minute under a grill to cook them, heaps cheaper and healthier than buying frozen or take way
We got a bread maker just to make pizza dough easier. It does taste a lot better and is so cheap to make. Never any left to freeze here.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:53 am
advocatus diaboli

We got a bread maker just to make pizza dough easier. It does taste a lot better and is so cheap to make. Never any left to freeze here.
When I lived in Oz, I use to use pitta bread as the base, very cheap to buy and so easy to use under the grill.

Hehehe... I know what you mean " Never any left to freeze here",

Friday night Pizza and a cold beer and Im in heaven
Old Feb 10th 2013, 3:01 am
advocatus diaboli

Originally Posted by chris955
Wouldnt bother me in the slightest, its just meat. I am more bothered that I have more than likely eaten kangaroo in Australia, I love kangaroos. I find horses devious and untrustworthy and should be eaten
I would have thought horses were second only to dogs as mans best friend.
Attached Thumbnails Galloping Gourmet-funny-burger-king-horse-meat-264x264.jpg  
Old Feb 10th 2013, 6:51 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Given the fact that it is the large chaiinvolved, I was also wondering whether this would give a boost to the high street butcher. We have one here, and he is excellent, and not really much dearer than the supermarkets, especially because you can buy just how much you want.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 10:49 am
advocatus diaboli

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Given the fact that it is the large chaiinvolved, I was also wondering whether this would give a boost to the high street butcher. We have one here, and he is excellent, and not really much dearer than the supermarkets, especially because you can buy just how much you want.

I agree, the high street butchers tend to sell a better quality of meat, though a bit dearer, though there is always a queue on a Saturday at my local and I can say the meat is very good, enough to tempt a vegan.

I hear the french like to eat raw horse meat, I wonder how that taste's.
Attached Thumbnails Galloping Gourmet-berry-cartoon-horse-meat-120311.jpg  
Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:02 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Panhandle

I hear the french like to eat raw horse meat, I wonder how that taste's.
Horse meat is also sold and eaten here in Australia....I thought you would know that as you lived here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.