G-884

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

berthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really nice
Default G-884

Hi,

I'm missing my Marriage Cert and first child's birth Certificate, to enable me to apply for my childrens British Passports, and the UK Passport agency requires original docs.

I forget...would I have sent these originals to the USCIS for processing 10 year Permanent resident petition? I sent a G-884 assuming that is where they are right now, but has anyone had experience of requesting docs to be returned from the CA Service center, and how long it took?

Thanks

Berthman
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G-884

Originally Posted by berthman
Hi,

I'm missing my Marriage Cert and first child's birth Certificate, to enable me to apply for my childrens British Passports, and the UK Passport agency requires original docs.
Did both of those occur in the USA? It's VERY easy to get replacement originals for the Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate. Do some online research for your county records department, just make the request and pay the fee, you'll get another set of originals.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What you'll be requesting are "certified copies of the orignals" for both of those documents. Those will become your new originals. Very easy to obtain in the USA. While you're at it, get a couple of copies of each, so you'll have an extra original on file if needed.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

berthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really nice

Thanks

Yeah, I send the G-884, but I was told to wait up to 3 months for receipt, and no timeline for processing

Already asked for copies from the UK, and here..

Thanks

Berthman