Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

For Friend--Consulate Denial Info K-1

For Friend--Consulate Denial Info K-1

Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about
Default For Friend--Consulate Denial Info K-1

I have a close friend who applied for a K-1 fiance visa and went for the interview last week at the embassy (Eastern Europe). Apparently, at the interview last week, the foreign fiance (the male half of the couple) was told that "your fiance is 3 years older, we see that but with the man the older one mostly, are you sure you really want to do this?" The fiance had been denied tourist visas a couple of times I believe on the usual not enough evidence of intent to return grounds. He was asked why, but misunderstood the question and carefully explained why he had applied for the visas. At the end of the interview, interviewer said "something doesn't feel right here, I'm going to have to investigate further, here's your form, I'll call you next week, if I don't call within two weeks, you can call me, no I won't tell you my
extension, no, you don't need my name, when you call anyone in the
department can help you." My friend said she was very surprised by this, because she thought everything had gone fine. She still hasn't heard anything, but she has a friend who worked at that embassy for years and when told the interviewer's name, said that this interviewer was the type who just looks for a reason to deny. My friend is a professional woman and her fiance is a respectable type with no inadmissibility issues who owns his own business. If they do get denied, is there any advice for her--is her best route to get married and reapply, or if anyone has any advice or can direct her to threads where this issues has been dealt with before, that would be great.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For Friend--Consulate Denial Info K-1

Originally Posted by grouchy
I have a close friend who applied for a K-1 fiance visa and went for the interview last week at the embassy (Eastern Europe). Apparently, at the interview last week, the foreign fiance (the male half of the couple) was told that "your fiance is 3 years older, we see that but with the man the older one mostly, are you sure you really want to do this?" The fiance had been denied tourist visas a couple of times I believe on the usual not enough evidence of intent to return grounds. He was asked why, but misunderstood the question and carefully explained why he had applied for the visas. At the end of the interview, interviewer said "something doesn't feel right here, I'm going to have to investigate further, here's your form, I'll call you next week, if I don't call within two weeks, you can call me, no I won't tell you my
extension, no, you don't need my name, when you call anyone in the
department can help you." My friend said she was very surprised by this, because she thought everything had gone fine. She still hasn't heard anything, but she has a friend who worked at that embassy for years and when told the interviewer's name, said that this interviewer was the type who just looks for a reason to deny. My friend is a professional woman and her fiance is a respectable type with no inadmissibility issues who owns his own business. If they do get denied, is there any advice for her--is her best route to get married and reapply, or if anyone has any advice or can direct her to threads where this issues has been dealt with before, that would be great.
Hi:

Three year age difference? I would suggest hiring an attorney experienced in consular work to follow-up instantly.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Three year age difference? I would suggest hiring an attorney experienced in consular work to follow-up instantly.
She is 39 he is 36--the CO even mentioning it seems wacky to me.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grouchy
... is her best route to get married and reapply...
Until they get past the reason for the denial, that reason will still exist whether they're married or not. I suggest she *not* marry at this time.

Ian
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

These two articles have been helpful to others in the same situation; they'll want to do what they can to keep the case in the Consulate:

Denials Of Family-Based Immigrant Visas At Consulates And DHS Petition Revocations

Clash Of The Titan Bureaucracies? The Battle Between DHS And US Consulates