Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Frequent visits to US on visitors visa

Wikiposts

Frequent visits to US on visitors visa

Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:51 am
Banned

ajb1701 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frequent visits to US on visitors visa

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No, it isn't... it's a silly point.

Friends may tie you to a place... they have never tied me to a place, and I doubt they tie most people.

Ian
Even if you have more friends in one place than another? Friends last forever women come and go. We will beg to differ on that one Ian. I am not accusing the guy of doing anything wrong and I accept what has been said about he is not abusing the VWP. If I was him I would leave it 12 months which may or may not give him less chance of being refused at immigration
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:03 am
Just Joined

masymas will become famous soon enoughmasymas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by davejenk477
Hi,

I have been visiting the US recently to visit friends who live there, but on my most recent visit i was asked a lot more questions about my visits by the border officer. I was allowed in, but i just wondered if it is common to have problems if you visit the US regularly?

I am a 24 year old guy, and i have friends in Ohio. I have visited them in august last year, and then at new year and in march this year. I plan on going to the US again in may/june to visit florida and drive up to Ohio before flying home from there. Are there likely to be any problems with visiting the US every couple of months like this? I only stay for 1 or 2 weeks at a time

I have a job in the UK and will have return flights and hotel booking infor etc to show that it is a genuine holiday

Thanks for any help, just to put my mind at ease!
I travel to the US for pleasure regularly. Also travelling alone, my experiences vary somewhat, hardly been questioned at all or I get quite a grilling. I am in possession of a B2 visa also which for some reason nearly always raises some eyebrows. I get asked why I am not using the VWP. I frequently travel to Northern Maine and cross over to Canada and back by land which always creates a red flag at immigration. Even though I have my stamp from point of entry at say Newark. They actually take me into a room and question me for 10 mins. My advice is always answer honestly, providing you are there for legitimate purposes and being honest there is no problem. I think you are allowed 90 days per 12 mths as a tourist on the VWP so you are well within that.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by masymas
I think you are allowed 90 days per 12 mths as a tourist on the VWP so you are well within that.
Not quite. You are allowed 90 days per visit. There is no restriction on how many visits you can do in a calendar year (or per a 12-month period). Each VWP trip to the USA is seen as a new entry, and is up to the POE Officer to allow entry or not.

Rene