Freaking out here...

Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Freaking out here...

I can't seem to find the originals for my husbands tax returns for the past three years. We do have the IRS printouts and W2s (why arent the tax returns with them?!), and we submitted copies of the tax returns (before they disappeared) in our original I-864. Are we going to run into major problems!?!?!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Freaking out here...

Originally Posted by andrea874
I can't seem to find the originals for my husbands tax returns for the past three years. We do have the IRS printouts and W2s (why arent the tax returns with them?!), and we submitted copies of the tax returns (before they disappeared) in our original I-864. Are we going to run into major problems!?!?!
By "IRS printouts", do you mean tax transcripts? If so, that will suffice.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
By "IRS printouts", do you mean tax transcripts? If so, that will suffice.
Yeah, tax transcripts. Just scared because the letter said we need Tax returns, IRS transcripts, and W2s...
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

edweena is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone tell me why these are needed? I am wondering what the tax returns have to do with sponsoring other than income verification?
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:05 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, tax transcripts. Just scared because the letter said we need Tax returns, IRS transcripts, and W2s...
We did NYC adjustment. Tax transcripts are fine with or without w-2's. We didn't submit them at our income and it wasn't a problem. In fact our appointment letter specified tax transcripts from federal, state, local and city taxes. As a result since we pay NYS and NYC and other city taxes, we brought along copies of our accountant prepared taxes as well as the federal transcripts but they weren't even looked at.

Rete
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:08 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edweena
Can someone tell me why these are needed? I am wondering what the tax returns have to do with sponsoring other than income verification?

Precisely for that reason. To verify your ability on a consistent basis to provide financial support of the alien fiancee and/or spouse. Not that the I-134 for the K-1 was not require tax returns just employment letter and paystub as verification of income. However, some US Consulates such as the one in London require three years of tax returns as part of their criteria. One need not make the required amount for all three years. However, they must for the current year.

Rete
Old Sep 6th 2004, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

nabisco is an unknown quantity at this point

If you used a tax preparer like H&R block, then you can get copies from them, and they are fine I believe.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nabisco
If you used a tax preparer like H&R block, then you can get copies from them, and they are fine I believe.
Or you can request tax transcripts from the IRS free of charge.

Call 1-800-829-1040 or fill out form

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...110571,00.html
Old Sep 7th 2004, 8:59 am
Just Joined

rchan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
Or you can request tax transcripts from the IRS free of charge.

Call 1-800-829-1040 or fill out form

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...110571,00.html

Hi, I just ordered my transcripts. They normally have you fill out a form and mail it, but when I called the guy was really nice and sent them after I provided him with my SSN#, my current address and other security questions. Be sure to ask for all the years in question.

Best,

Renée
Old Sep 7th 2004, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rchan
Hi, I just ordered my transcripts. They normally have you fill out a form and mail it, but when I called the guy was really nice and sent them after I provided him with my SSN#, my current address and other security questions. Be sure to ask for all the years in question.

Best,

Renée
When I requested transcripts last month it was all automated. I typed in my SSN and indicated what years and it appeared in the mail about 10 days later.