A forum poll

Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:37 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A forum poll

Originally Posted by islandmom

never really considered myself a "BritExpat" as my folks arent Brits

I knew it! Your Dad was an Earl Grey tea bag and your Mum a mahogany sideboard I'm right aren't I go on tell me
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Not another poll non poll FFS
Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:29 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thydney
I knew it! Your Dad was an Earl Grey tea bag and your Mum a mahogany sideboard I'm right aren't I go on tell me

close, but no cigar.....
Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:37 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I am Spanish but I lived in England for many years. Hubby is American and we found this site when we were applying for my visa, we also found it extremely helpful. Most of you know that I had to re-apply when I got it stolen before joining my dear husband and the support I got from you guys is greatly appreciated..

I am finally here, just arrived a few days ago..

I just wish you'd told me that in the "restrooms" the hand dryer isn't a dryer but a machine that spits paper.. I had a fight with one of these things at the weekend and the lady standing next to me, who eventually told me how they work, had a right laugh watching me.. I looked like crocodile dundee..
Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
I am Spanish but I lived in England for many years. Hubby is American and we found this site when we were applying for my visa, we also found it extremely helpful. Most of you know that I had to re-apply when I got it stolen before joining my dear husband and the support I got from you guys is greatly appreciated..

I just wish you'd told me that in the "restrooms" the hand dryer isn't a dryer but a machine that spits paper.. I had a fight with one of these things at the weekend and the lady standing next to me, who eventually told me how they work, had a right laugh watching me.. I looked like crocodile dundee..

I never use the hand dryer...it's sucking in all the germs and blowing them out all over your hands. I don't use the paper towels if I have to touch the machine either. I keep tissues in my bag to dry my hands on and to open the door with...have you noticed the amount of people here that never wash their hands after they've used the toilet. I'll say no more because we covered all this a few months ago. :scared:
Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:46 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I never use the hand dryer...it's sucking in all the germs and blowing them out all over your hands. I don't use the paper towels if I have to touch the machine either. I keep tissues in my bag to dry my hands on and to open the door with...have you noticed the amount of people here that never wash their hands after they've used the toilet. I'll say no more because we covered all this a few months ago. :scared:

Ffffffreeeeak

If the hand dryer is sucking in germs then so are you ffs. Do you wear a mask ??
Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG

Ffffffreeeeak

If the hand dryer is sucking in germs then so are you ffs. Do you wear a mask ??

Of course...doesn't everybody.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:02 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Never thought about that re dryer.. But so use paper towel to open the door!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:48 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Never thought about that re dryer.. But so use paper towel to open the door!
what about the next door?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anabella

Glad you made it and are straight back to BE!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:52 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
what about the next door?
what next door
If you just mean generally - I bring my man along and he opens them for me of course
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
what next door
If you just mean generally - I bring my man along and he opens them for me of course
lol. I hate to see people tasting the cooking and then putting the spoon back in.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Sally
lol. I hate to see people tasting the cooking and then putting the spoon back in.
especially if you are out for dinner at the person's house!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:39 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG

Ffffffreeeeak

I wish she did...I wouldnt get such a shock every time I visit the gallery then.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

DEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant future
Smile Re: A forum poll

Originally Posted by Moving?
My "poll" is about this forum :

If you are a Brit, do you find this like a "lifeline"... I mean, could you have "survived" as well without contact with other Brits what with differences in humour / humor, lifestyle etc etc? A good place to let off steam about the US and USCs etc? I think that when (if) I eventually move (with work), that I will really need a place to come and vent / ask questions etc.
As A Brit, working in the USA, this forum has certainly helped me out on many occasions! There have been times when I just wanted to "talk" to somebody else and get their opinions/thoughts and just writing and reading in this forum has helped me vent whatever it was within me! It kind of made me feel "closer" knowing that there were other Brits reading this! Sometimes you don't want those who know you personally to know how you are feeling...

Everyone has had their different experiences in their journey from the UK to the USA and sometimes back to the UK. It has always been useful to read, contribute and ask one's own questions!

There are many things which I have picked up on this forum, which I would not have otherwise!

I'd like to give you all a big hug now! Thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.