Format of Citizenship Test

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

brit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to all
Default Format of Citizenship Test

Could anyone enlighten me as to the 'format' of the US Citizenship Test, please? Are the questions just verbal? Or is it a written test? I understand that there are reading and writing tests, but was just curious about the 10 "citizenship" questions?
Thanks.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

brit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to all
Default Re: Format of Citizenship Test

Sorry - was in wrong area - meant to post this in Immigration Forum.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 2:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brit-n-yank
Could anyone enlighten me as to the 'format' of the US Citizenship Test, please? Are the questions just verbal? Or is it a written test? I understand that there are reading and writing tests, but was just curious about the 10 "citizenship" questions?
Thanks.
The ten questions they will ask you at the interview are verbal. The officer asks you verbally and you give a verbal answer.

The officer will also tell you a verbal sentence that you must write.

The officer will also show you a written sentence that you must read aloud.

Get 6 ouf of 10 correct on the verbal part, and you're done!

Rene
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks! Not too keen on the 'verbal' part but hopefully will survive! lol
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Not too keen on the 'verbal' part...
Why? All the questions from which they choose are posted online! All you have to do is study them.

Ian
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

It's easy, unless English is not your strong point then I could see how it might be a little more difficult.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 9:21 pm
This space for rent

freezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - was in wrong area - meant to post this in Immigration Forum.
When I took my test which is the *new* test they asked me the questions verbally.
Good luck
FM
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Why? All the questions from which they choose are posted online! All you have to do is study them.
The problem that I would probably have is trying to keep a straight face while answering them - especially the reading and writing of an English sentence ...
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 12:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
The problem that I would probably have is trying to keep a straight face while answering them - especially the reading and writing of an English sentence ...
After Sadegh's interview, he told me the officer had him write a sentence about the State of Texas. Much later in the day he suddenly said Oh, wait! That wasn't the sentence! It was something like "we must pay state taxes".

I was laughing so hard that he mixed up "Texas" and "taxes". But whichever it was, he got it right at the interview, and that's what counts!!

Rene