Form I-693 Clarification

Old May 2nd 2009, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

london2008 has a spectacular aura aboutlondon2008 has a spectacular aura aboutlondon2008 has a spectacular aura about
Default Form I-693 Clarification

So, I'm preparing all my paperwork ready for AOS after marriage (I arrived in the US on a K-1 visa and I get married May 30th). However, I am not clear on the requirements for I-693. I've searched the threads in this forum and am now even more confused!

I had my medical for the K1 in August last year and have my medical/ vaccination records from the Knightsbridge doctors. So I assume the following instructions apply to me:

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part
1, Information about you, and submit the
vaccination section of Part 2 with your
adjustment of status application. A designated
civil surgeon must complete the vaccination
section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's
Certification.

Therefore, this is how I interpret the instructions for form I-693. Am I correct?

1. I fill out Part 1 of the form.
2. I print the form and take it with me to an appointment with a Civil Surgeon in the US. I also take my records from K1 medical appointment.
3. The Civil Surgeon completes the vaccination section and Part 5 of form I-693 only. There are many other sections on the form - are they just left blank?
4. I sign the form in front of the Civil Surgeon.
5. Civil Surgeon should give me the form back in a sealed envelope.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:19 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form I-693 Clarification

More detail in the pinned post "New Medical Info for AOS Applicants"--did you check there? (your answer looks correct but please double check)
Old May 3rd 2009, 3:45 am
Just Joined

london2008 has a spectacular aura aboutlondon2008 has a spectacular aura aboutlondon2008 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by meauxna
More detail in the pinned post "New Medical Info for AOS Applicants"--did you check there? (your answer looks correct but please double check)
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I read this thread but couldn't find a clear answer to my specific situation (K-1 visa, medical within last year). But I'm probably being stupid right now - after reading the instruction form 3 times and everything I can find on the internet my brain hurts! I was hoping someone who had recently been through AOS could clarify...
Old May 3rd 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

I read about 20 pages of different information on this before getting my head around it...there is a lot of information out there, but I did all this stuff within the last few weeks so I can tell you what I did...

I downloaded for I693

I filled in the relevant parts that I could, from memory that just being the first page (name, address,etc)

I took it to a very nice doctor who looked at my vaccination record that I had brought along with me (I also took my x-ray but he didn;'t want to see that, bah)

He filled in the vaccination part and then signed the relevant pages

His assistant then put it in an envelope, sealed it, stamped it with the doctor's stamp and then taped it shut

And then I was on my way.

My husband and I were hoping this might have been covered by the health insurance we have, but it wasn't and cost us $100. If you are taking it to a USCIS doctor (which you have to!) thn they will (should!) know exactly whet they are doing, just make sure you have ALL of your vaccination records with you so you dont have to have any extras done or re-book your appointment.

As I say, I have done my AOS stuff very recently, and knock on wood it seems to have gone smoothly so far (wait for the RFEs to fly in now I've jinxed myself!)
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
I read about 20 pages of different information on this before getting my head around it...there is a lot of information out there, but I did all this stuff within the last few weeks so I can tell you what I did...

I downloaded for I693

I filled in the relevant parts that I could, from memory that just being the first page (name, address,etc)

I took it to a very nice doctor who looked at my vaccination record that I had brought along with me (I also took my x-ray but he didn;'t want to see that, bah)

He filled in the vaccination part and then signed the relevant pages

His assistant then put it in an envelope, sealed it, stamped it with the doctor's stamp and then taped it shut

And then I was on my way.

My husband and I were hoping this might have been covered by the health insurance we have, but it wasn't and cost us $100. If you are taking it to a USCIS doctor (which you have to!) thn they will (should!) know exactly whet they are doing, just make sure you have ALL of your vaccination records with you so you dont have to have any extras done or re-book your appointment.

As I say, I have done my AOS stuff very recently, and knock on wood it seems to have gone smoothly so far (wait for the RFEs to fly in now I've jinxed myself!)

Thanks welshgirl. It sounds like you reached the same conclusion as I did on this one. It's always good to hear from someone else, some of the instructions seem contradictory at times. I will be calling USCIS doctors tomorrow until I find one who sounds like they're familiar with the process..!
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

There is a doctor in Texas who'll do it via fax for you for about $35.
Old May 4th 2009, 4:16 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

. Immigration medicals are not covered b any insurance company unfortunately!
Old May 4th 2009, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Someone at the Doctors surgery said if we changed our PCP to them that they would cover it, but turned out it was not true! But hey, I got moved into a nice, far more convenient practice because of it!
Old May 4th 2009, 5:18 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. My insurance company first said they would cover it but I rang them back and then they said no. Every doctors office I had tried to make an appointment with said that no insurance company will cover an immigration medical. My husband came over on a K1 as well last fall.We went to a USCIS doctor here and paid to get his vacs transposed. Our case was transferred to California and we got an RFE for another medicaleven though he had one for his K1. I've read about few other cases that were transferred to California getting the same RFE. He haf to also get a TB test since the rules had changed in June. WE coul have fought it and said he already had one but we complied. He got his greencard a month laer. No interview! Good luck with everything!