Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Forgot to inform about change of address

Forgot to inform about change of address

Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Scot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura aboutScot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura aboutScot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura about
Default Forgot to inform about change of address

I have a two year conditional greencard which expires in December

I am also in the process of getting divorced and will be applying for removal of conditions based on bona fide marriage

August 2009 - moved in with wife and this is the address given on all immigration paperwork

August 2010 - moved in to NEW place with wife and forgot to notify authorities

January 2011 - moved into my own place.

A couple of months later I realized I should have filled in an AR-11 and did so. I put my previous address as the middle address above (which they previously had no record of me living there) and filled in my new address now.

so my question

a) How seriously might they take forgetting to file this form for the Aug 2010 move? Is it likely to impact my removal of conditions at all?

I couldn't not fill in the middle address on my form as when it comes to removal of conditions I will be presenting a lot of evidence from there
Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forgot to inform about change of address

Originally Posted by Scot_in_NYC
a) How seriously might they take forgetting to file this form for the Aug 2010 move? Is it likely to impact my removal of conditions at all?
No.

Rene
Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forgot to inform about change of address

A similar thread recently posted: Didn't advise INS of address change!