Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

First time landing in the US, what does it feel like?

First time landing in the US, what does it feel like?

Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Gannett has a spectacular aura aboutGannett has a spectacular aura aboutGannett has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: First time landing in the US, what does it feel like?

Originally Posted by Bob
actually they had you do that at Logan airport a few years ago, they don't seem to do that at the moment all the time now, but it depends on how busy it is, one of the afternoon flights lands within minutes of a flight from India, Spain and Italy and they do usually make LPR's go in with johnny foreigner then.
Update: I arrived back from a great visit home on 4th March. The visitor lines were horrendous, so I chanced my arm and joined the very short US Citizens line. I handed my passport, green card and customs form to the official, who almost snatched my hand off. I had to have my right hand fingerprints scanned and my pic taken, and that was it. So it looks like i'll be able to breeze through at both ends now!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 6:12 am
Just Joined

bodypilot will become famous soon enoughbodypilot will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
It feels like this.
That made me laugh so hard I almost dropped my beer.

:-)
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:19 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
English Muffin reports she didn't have to line with the visitors:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=139
Glad I missed the response to my post. I was merely remarking on the time I've spent in line at either airport in the UK. MAN not at all.

Funny thing was that ORD WAS where DH entered as a PR for the first time (supposed to be ATL but they cancelled our flight from LHR). Momentary wait for the process thing (we were together) and then through. No biggie. That was in 2004.

DH came through on his own in Dec 2007 at EWR, again no biggie.