fingerprints help please

Old Jun 5th 2011, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default fingerprints help please

Hi..so I had my biometrics a few weeks ago and they had trouble scanning my
fingerprints..maybe I had hand lotion on I'm not sure. Anyway upshot is is that they couldn't all be processed so i have to get them re done...i have appointment but it isnt till end of june.. I live a long way from Santa Rosa CA am so am wary of going for as walk in..has anyone had a walk in appointment at this particular office? Has anyone also phoned and brought their appointment forward? I need to get back to visit elderly mum in uk who is not in good health ...i applied for AOS 12 April got NOA 24 April. ? Thanks...
Old Jun 5th 2011, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fingerprints help please

hello
i guess noone has encountered this situation at Santa Rosa - been recalled for fingerprinting as they were not clear enough to read and wanting to get a walk in

Sooo has anyone had a walk in appointment at ANY office for their biometrics and were you seen or turned away

Im going to take a chance and make the journey on wednesday - its 250 miles but worth a shot

Grateful for any feedback.......
Old Jun 6th 2011, 12:16 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

It might because it Sunday that the repies are a bit slow..I have heard of many folk walking in and its been fine, thats not to say you will be, but to be honest its such a small service center I would go in and try.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
It might because it Sunday that the repies are a bit slow..I have heard of many folk walking in and its been fine, thats not to say you will be, but to be honest its such a small service center I would go in and try.
yep thanks - off down the 101 we go!!!! No landslides PLEASE
Old Jun 6th 2011, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

ken27 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did a walk in at the Santa Ana ASC last Wednesday with no problems, at 11.45am. I just showed my letter and no questions were asked. Either the security guard didn't notice the appointment date or he overlooked it. I'm sure I was helped by the fact that there was only one other person waiting.

From what I have read on various forums, it seems really down to how busy they are and the mood that the security guard is in.

I don't have any specific information about Santa Rosa, but I would suggest that you plan to arrive there mid-morning, say around 10-11am, if that's feasible with your 250 mile drive. I suspect they may be busier early in the morning (only because I have seen reports of many 9am appointments). At first, just hand them your letter, don't mention anything about this not being the day of your appointment. If you're lucky, they may just let you straight in. If they question the date, then, politely but firmly, explain your mum is not in good health and that you drove 250 miles. Ask them is there any way they can accommodate you. Tell them you could come back later in the day if that would help. (I assume you'd prefer to spend a few hours around Santa Rosa than drive home and come back another day).

Also, I presume you're aware that you can try to walk in at any ASC, not just the one your appointment is with? Given you have to drive 250 miles, it might be worth driving on to the San Francisco ASC if you get turned away at Santa Rosa. You can find the location here if you don't have it.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...ffice_type=ASC

Last edited by ken27; Jun 6th 2011 at 1:36 am.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 1:38 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
yep thanks - off down the 101 we go!!!! No landslides PLEASE
You might want to take a peek in here on the trip

http://www.worldmarket.com/storeLoca...ip-button.y=13
Old Jun 6th 2011, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ken27
I did a walk in at the Santa Ana ASC last Wednesday with no problems, at 11.45am. I just showed my letter and no questions were asked. Either the security guard didn't notice the appointment date or he overlooked it. I'm sure I was helped by the fact that there was only one other person waiting.

From what I have read on various forums, it seems really down to how busy they are and the mood that the security guard is in.

I don't have any specific information about Santa Rosa, but I would suggest that you plan to arrive there mid-morning, say around 10-11am, if that's feasible with your 250 mile drive. I suspect they may be busier early in the morning (only because I have seen reports of many 9am appointments). At first, just hand them your letter, don't mention anything about this not being the day of your appointment. If you're lucky, they may just let you straight in. If they question the date, then, politely but firmly, explain your mum is not in good health and that you drove 250 miles. Ask them is there any way they can accommodate you. Tell them you could come back later in the day if that would help. (I assume you'd prefer to spend a few hours around Santa Rosa than drive home and come back another day).

Also, I presume you're aware that you can try to walk in at any ASC, not just the one your appointment is with? Given you have to drive 250 miles, it might be worth driving on to the San Francisco ASC if you get turned away at Santa Rosa. You can find the location here if you don't have it.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...ffice_type=ASC
Thank you so very much Ken for taking the time to reply and for good advice - much appreciated! Yep I reckon we can get there mid morning - have to wait till it gets a bit light to leave to avoid all the deer on the roads!!! Never had this problem in London Town
Old Jun 6th 2011, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
You might want to take a peek in here on the trip

http://www.worldmarket.com/storeLoca...ip-button.y=13
Wow thank you!!!! I cant wait!!!!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

ken27 is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem. Good luck!
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: fingerprints help please - Update

so today I went to Santa Rosa CA to see if I could do my fingerprints again as a walk in appointment
Hurrah no landslides on the 101 so made it there in just over 4 hours. They were lovely and saw me straight away! I was so relieved.

However I think that my fingerprints still are not clear enough - I have no idea why and interestingly its the prints on my right hand as opposed to my left and im left handed. I did get a few good ones so am hoping that I might pass but not sure

thanks to all who replied re going down to do a walk in --I didnt make it to the world market but had a nice lunch in hopland if anyone knows it - plus took in some rays as it was very warm
fingers (or fingerprints ) crossed.....
Old Jun 9th 2011, 7:29 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

When I worked as a receptionist at a brokerage firm in the 80's I had to be bonded so they took my fingerprints. They told me that the prints on my fingers were "very vague". This was all done with plain black ink the old fashioned way. I had to have them done three times !
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

iray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really nice

The strange thing is, with the technology they have now, they should be able to tell right away whether the prints are good or bad, the only way bad prints can get through is if a member of staff overrides the computer's advice. Of course, after a reasonable number of attempts at getting good prints, it's to be expected the staff will send something, but you have to wonder how many people had to go back because the member of staff couldn't be bothered to try again.

I think the best way of getting good prints is to use an alcohol wipe to clean your fingertips, then allow a few seconds for the moisture to evapourate.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: fingerprints help please

Originally Posted by iray
The strange thing is, with the technology they have now, they should be able to tell right away whether the prints are good or bad, the only way bad prints can get through is if a member of staff overrides the computer's advice. Of course, after a reasonable number of attempts at getting good prints, it's to be expected the staff will send something, but you have to wonder how many people had to go back because the member of staff couldn't be bothered to try again.

I think the best way of getting good prints is to use an alcohol wipe to clean your fingertips, then allow a few seconds for the moisture to evapourate.
the operator tried a few times with each "rejected" finger and took time to go over the difference between a good and poor print...she was very thorough ...msybe I just have old fingers !!