Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Fingerprints and CTZ test on same day?

Fingerprints and CTZ test on same day?

Old Jan 12th 2006, 5:56 pm
bethpg2005

Default Fingerprints and CTZ test on same day?

Hi all,

Finally got my fingerprint appt. letter for next Wednesday. Do any offices do the fingerprints AND citizenship test on the same day or will I do my citizenship test on my N400 interview day? My fingerprint office is Portland Oregon (I live in southern washington) and my district office for the interview will be Seattle.

Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fingerprints and CTZ test on same day?

Originally Posted by bethpg2005
Hi all,

Finally got my fingerprint appt. letter for next Wednesday. Do any offices do the fingerprints AND citizenship test on the same day or will I do my citizenship test on my N400 interview day? My fingerprint office is Portland Oregon (I live in southern washington) and my district office for the interview will be Seattle.

Separate days. You don't want it the same day because then you couldn't be approved until the security check was cleared.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:16 pm
bethpg2005

Originally Posted by Rete
Separate days. You don't want it the same day because then you couldn't be approved until the security check was cleared.
Thank you. I haven't studied for it yet and just wanted to be sure. Apparently the Glenmont ASC offers a test on the same day as the fingerprinting.

Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. I haven't studied for it yet and just wanted to be sure. Apparently the Glenmont ASC offers a test on the same day as the fingerprinting.

Oh Laudy, you don't want that. Are you going to this ASC for your prints? If so, Beth, get cracking on the test questios. Don't leave anything to chance. Far too important. If you haven't studied and it is offered, refuse LOL
Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:58 pm
bethpg2005

Originally Posted by Rete
Oh Laudy, you don't want that. Are you going to this ASC for your prints? If so, Beth, get cracking on the test questios. Don't leave anything to chance. Far too important. If you haven't studied and it is offered, refuse LOL
My fingerprint office is Portland Oregon. Rete, where is the best place to find and study the test questions online?

Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My fingerprint office is Portland Oregon. Rete, where is the best place to find and study the test questions online?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...test+questions

Rene
Old Jan 12th 2006, 11:46 pm
bethpg2005

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Thank you.

Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

hi bethpg,
If you stop by before tomorrow....

I learned that the Portland ASC office *is* in a different location from the USCIS building. The ASC is at 721 SW 14th, which you probably alreay know from your letter.
I asked an officer today about how the Portland Naturalization time flow goes, and this is what she told me:
-Go for fingerprint at the ASC when scheduled
-go home and wait
-Go for Interview and testing combined at the big USCIS building when scheduled. If you have a morning appointment AND all security checks have cleared AND you pass your interview, you MAY be scheduled for a same-day oath, which happens at 2pm. If you miss the oath for that day (late morning appointment), you MAY do the oath on the next day.

This won't apply to you, beth, because your interview will be in Seattle, but might help other Oregonians.
It does answer your question: you will not be having testing on the same day as your fingerprints, if you use the ASC in Portland.

The Portland officer also confirmed that current cases (nicluding one whe is 'watching') are taking 6 months from application-->interview/oath.

Best wishes!