Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Fingerprinting for N-400 same day as NATZ interview

Fingerprinting for N-400 same day as NATZ interview

Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Taterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud of
Default Fingerprinting for N-400 same day as NATZ interview

Hi All, Has anyone ever heard of having an appointment for fingerprinting scheduled the same day as your NATZ interview?? If this was possible, I guess they would just not approve you until you were cleared right? A fellow on one of the other forums told me that his was scheduled like this, but I can't see how this would be possible.(I think he is pulling my leg!) Just wondering if anyone else has heard of N-400 processing like this.
Taterbug
Old Jan 16th 2006, 10:06 pm
Banned

Katikati will become famous soon enoughKatikati will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fingerprinting for N-400 same day as NATZ interview

Yes, they are not only pulling your leg, but both of your thighs as well! Its simply not true, at least not with Charlotte service center where the time lapse between fingerprinting and interview is months apart.

How the hell can they interview you for N-400 if they dont even know whether you are a criminal?

Originally Posted by Taterbug
Hi All, Has anyone ever heard of having an appointment for fingerprinting scheduled the same day as your NATZ interview?? If this was possible, I guess they would just not approve you until you were cleared right? A fellow on one of the other forums told me that his was scheduled like this, but I can't see how this would be possible.(I think he is pulling my leg!) Just wondering if anyone else has heard of N-400 processing like this.
Taterbug
Old Jan 16th 2006, 11:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katikati
Yes, they are not only pulling your leg, but both of your thighs as well! Its simply not true, at least not with Charlotte service center where the time lapse between fingerprinting and interview is months apart.

How the hell can they interview you for N-400 if they dont even know whether you are a criminal?

Actually it is true in a way. There is one ASC in Oregon I believe that does the fingerprinting and naturalization testing on the same day. The formal interview for naturalizaiton is done on a different day at the district office. The formal interview will be the examination of your documents and eligibility for naturalization.

Rete
Old Jan 16th 2006, 11:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Actually it is true in a way. There is one ASC in Oregon I believe that does the fingerprinting and naturalization testing on the same day. The formal interview for naturalizaiton is done on a different day at the district office. The formal interview will be the examination of your documents and eligibility for naturalization.

Rete
hmm, I'd be interested to look that up.. AFAIK, there is only the one USCIS building in Oregon--ASC stuff is done there as well as interviews. Do you remember a name I can search?
Old Jan 16th 2006, 11:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
hmm, I'd be interested to look that up.. AFAIK, there is only the one USCIS building in Oregon--ASC stuff is done there as well as interviews. Do you remember a name I can search?
There was an exchange of posts on this only this week. I will look for it ... it was either Oregon or Washington.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 11:55 pm
Concierge

There was an exchange of posts on this only this week. I will look for it ... it was either Oregon or Washington.

Here it is:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...zenship+oregon

And it was Oregon
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:32 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, thanks.
Looks like they will let the SW Washington folk come over the river for fingerprints instead of driving 3 hours to Seattle, but the linked thread doesn't confirm if POO/Portland does the testing on the fingerprint day. I don't know where Glenmont ACS is, but I'll inform the DAH to brush up before fingerprint day.

I'll have to ask bethpg to let us know what happens on Wednesday!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:37 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Taterbug
Even if it was possible, it would be a very long day for the applicant whilst the check was being performed on the fingerprints before the naturalization interview took place.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Taterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Even if it was possible, it would be a very long day for the applicant whilst the check was being performed on the fingerprints before the naturalization interview took place.
I'm glad that they don't do both at most places because, like you said, it would be a long day, plus you would have to have studied for the NATZ test too. I have enough exams to study for these days, so I don't need an extra one right this moment. Ha Ha
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:47 am

I'm glad that they don't do both at most places because, like you said, it would be a long day, plus you would have to have studied for the NATZ test too. I have enough exams to study for these days, so I don't need an extra one right this moment. Ha Ha
Tbug,
I *have* heard of fingerprint + exam being done the same day.. not necessarily uncommon. Interview is another critter.
Have you looked for any recent experiences for your DO at www.kamya.com/interview ?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Tbug,
I *have* heard of fingerprint + exam being done the same day.. not necessarily uncommon. Interview is another critter.
Have you looked for any recent experiences for your DO at www.kamya.com/interview ?
Hi Meauxna, I am just heading there now to check it out. Thank you.
PS- I just took a University American Government course for my BSN, so if I don't know my stuff now, I guess I am in big trouble eh? LOL