Fingerprinting Experience

Old Feb 25th 2001, 7:15 am
Jer & Missy

Hello Group,

Well I went for fingerprinting on Friday, it was a rather simple procedure. We made
the one hour trip to the Federal Building in Cincinnati and arrived in plenty of time.
The letter mentioned not to arrive at the office any more than 15 minutes prior to my
appointment, so my wife and I waited in the car for about 45 minutes We then made our
way in to the Federal Building about 15 minutes before my 8am appointment to find that
the office didn't open until 8am. We waited a bit and were able to get in to the
office as it opened a bit early. I was technically the only person in the office for
fingerprinting when we arrived. There were four others there as well, but they were
not there for fingerprinting, they were at the wrong office, they needed to be at the
INS office on the 4th floor, the fingerprinting office is on the 1st floor. I went up
to the window and the lady asked for my fingerprint notification letter, checked my ID
(I used my drivers License) and gave me a clipboard with a form to fill out, gave me
back my ID and also gave me a card with the number 7 on it. I filled out the form, and
took it back up to the window and slid it through a hole they have in the glass. A few
minutes later a gentleman came out and called my name, I was still the only person in
the office for fingerprinting. I went in to the back of the office while my wife
waited, the gentleman took my number 7 as I walked through the doorway to the back of
the office. The gentleman then scanned the bar code on the letter in to the computer,
updated my address in the system, as the letter was still addressed to our old
address, though it was delivered by mail to the new one in a hand written envelope. I
then had the prints done. It was all pretty straight forward and only took a few
minutes. When we left only one other person had arrived for fingerprinting, though
they said that they had over 50 appointments scheduled for that day. All seemed to go
well and the staff (all two of them) seemed very friendly. Now it is off to the AOS
interview tomorrow back in Cincinnati. I will be sure to post our experience at the
interview, I don't expect to obtain the stamp in the passport as my guess would be
that the results of the fingerprints won't yet be back, but we will see.

Take Care,

Jer & Missy

--
Jer & Missy Our Visa Site: http://my.voyager.net/~hockeybabe/visasite/ POE Rolling List:
http://www.k1poelist.com/

Old Feb 25th 2001, 8:53 am
Linda

Jer and Missy... and others who wonder about fingerprints, you might well get your
passport stamp, even if the background check is not complete.. read the following INS
memorandum to all regional directors. It says in essence, that the fingerprint check
doesn't have to be back to adjudicate your case. Proof of current prints does have to be
in the file (that you had them done). If, after you have your PR stamp or green card, the
print check comes back with info that would affect your eligibility, INS could rescind
your approval. BUT, they do not have to wait for clearance to approve you. Read it at:
http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news124.htm Linda

Jer & Missy wrote:
> I don't expect to obtain the stamp in the passport as my guess would be that the results
> of the fingerprints won't yet be back, but we will see.
>
> Take Care,
>
> Jer & Missy