Fingerprinting for AOS Interview

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

John McHugh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fingerprinting for AOS Interview

My wife's interview date is Jun 16. We have a letter instructing her to have her fingerprinting taken care of any Wednesday after the week of April 15. Since she was out of the country until last week, we haven't taken care of the fingerprinting yet...which leaves two Wednesdays before the interview.

Does this present a problem? I originally didn't think so, but I did stumble upon a post in the archive indicating that not having fingerprinting done can be a reason for denial. With that in mind (assuming that this is accurate), are there any negative consequences for the District Office not receiving the RESULTS by the interview date, other than not receiving a passport stamp on the spot on June 16?

Does anyone have any information on how long it takes to have the fingerprints reach the AOS file?

Thanks.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

kjdrga is an unknown quantity at this point

She should get her fingerprints done before the interview and make sure to keep a copy of the fingerprint receipt as that will be the proof to show to your AOS interviewer if he asks for it.

The results can take weeks and months to get back to the reviewer of her case so don't worry about that. They will more than likely tell you (if all goes well) that you will be approved pending background check results, and that you will receive a letter in the mail with the approval notice which you can take back to the BCIS office to get her passport stamped.