Wikiposts

FINGERPRINTING

Old Feb 4th 2001, 2:39 pm
BRANDY

Hi,

I've just recieved a letter from the INS, telling me when and where to get
fingerprinted. I was wondering if anyone out there knows if I will be notified as to
when my AOS interview will be? I have a trip planned for the month of March, all
arranged and paid for, what will happen if I am away when I recieve the interview
letter? Does ANYONE know? Thank you for any help.

BRANDY

Old Feb 4th 2001, 5:16 pm
Quijibo

go to the post office and have your mail forwarded to the address that you will be at for
that time period. it will be delayed, but you will get it, none the less.

this is a very common procedure. unfortunately, I can't vouch for the expediancy of INS,
they might send the letter out 2 days before your interview lol.

HTH

BRANDY
>Hi,
>
> I've just recieved a letter from the INS, telling me when and where to get
> fingerprinted. I was wondering if anyone out there knows if I will be notified as to
> when my AOS interview will be? I have a trip planned for the month of March, all
> arranged and paid for, what will happen if I am away when I recieve the interview
> letter? Does ANYONE know? Thank you for any help.
>
>BRANDY

Old Feb 5th 2001, 11:19 am
Sylvia Ottemoeller

BRANDY wrote:

> I've just recieved a letter from the INS, telling me when and where to get
> fingerprinted. I was wondering if anyone out there knows if I will be notified as to
> when my AOS interview will be? I have a trip planned for the month of March, all
> arranged and paid for, what will happen if I am away when I recieve the interview
> letter? Does ANYONE know? Thank you for any help.

Every INS office is different. Could you tell us where you filed your I-485?

If you are away when your interview is scheduled, it's not the end of the world. You can
reschedule. However, it may take many months to reschedule.