Fingerprint and EAD

Old Apr 29th 2004, 2:02 am
Jun
Just Joined

Jun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fingerprint and EAD

How long does it usually takes to get a EAD after getting the figerprint done?

My figerprint appointment is tomorrow, and i would like to know the estimate timeline...

Can anyone share their experience?
Old Apr 29th 2004, 2:05 am
Jun
Just Joined

Default Re: Fingerprint and EAD

My NOA comes from NBC

Originally posted by Jun

My figerprint appointment is tomorrow, and i would like to know the estimate timeline...

Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Originally posted by Jun

I had a fingerprinting appointment letter at the same time I received the notice to go for my EAD appointment. I thought the fingerprinting was for the AOS not the EAD. They take your fingerprint anyway at the EAD appointment and it's on your card.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 5:39 pm
Jun
Just Joined

Originally posted by AlisonPA
I had a fingerprinting appointment letter at the same time I received the notice to go for my EAD appointment. I thought the fingerprinting was for the AOS not the EAD. They take your fingerprint anyway at the EAD appointment and it's on your card.
I am going to get both biometric and fingerprint done at the same time. ( I-485 and I-765)
Old Apr 29th 2004, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Gracie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jun
I am going to get both biometric and fingerprint done at the same time. ( I-485 and I-765)
Hi Jun,

I was trying to ask the same question about 3 weeks ago. I think having read the threads, it's not clear how long it is from biometrics/fingerprinting to the issue of the EAD but generally it seems to be around 80 to 100 days after the receipt date on your notice of action letter before the EAD will be issued. I am also waiting for my EAD. I did my biometrics on the 3 April. And my receipt date was 27 Feb. You could check on the website https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...s/caseStat.jsp to check the status of your application. After 90 days of the receipt date on your notice, you could apply for an interim EAD while you are waiting for the decision on your formal EAD.

Hope this help.

Gracie
Old Apr 29th 2004, 5:48 pm
groovalicious

phunklounge is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my fingerprinting for both AOS and EAD on March 6nd. My EAD was approved on April 23rd.

You definitely have a few weeks to go my friend.

Last edited by phunklounge; Apr 29th 2004 at 7:00 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 6:58 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Jun

It took me about 20 days from the day I got fingerprinted to the day I received the EAD, but... IMHO, I don't think they're connected in any constant, reliable way.

This is my timeline if it helps anything:

November 26 .. AOS
January 10 ..... AOS NOA (dated january 8)
January 13 ..... Fingerprint Notification (dated january 5)
January 20 ..... Fingerprinting
January 27 ..... EAD letter arrives: interview appointment february 9
February 9 ..... EAD granted