Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Fingerprint/biometric appointment/NOA1/some questions

Fingerprint/biometric appointment/NOA1/some questions

Old May 25th 2004, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Julia_sb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fingerprint/biometric appointment/NOA1/some questions

I filed I-130/I-485/I-765 at Atlanta District Office. I have received a receipt for I-130, a NOA for I-485 and I-765 both to make appointment for bio and fingerprint.

I will be having my fingerprint and biometric appointment tomorrow. My first question are :

1) Does CIS return the NOA1(s) to me after the process or do they keep it?

2) From what I understand, I will be able to apply for a driver's license after I get my SSN. What would I give to the Motor Vehicle Department to prove my status here? Would it be the NOAs and the receipt I received so far? That is why I am concern if CIS will take away my NOAs tomorrow at the fingerprint appointment tomorrow. I have make a copy of each to keep though.

3) Anyone here has obtained a driver's license in Georgia? Would love to know your experience in the whole process.

Thanks in advance.

Julia
Old May 26th 2004, 2:00 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fingerprint/biometric appointment/NOA1/some questions

Originally posted by Julia_sb
1) Does CIS return the NOA1(s) to me after the process or do they keep it?

2) From what I understand, I will be able to apply for a driver's license after I get my SSN. What would I give to the Motor Vehicle Department to prove my status here?
1) They give it back to you w/a stamp that says when you did biometrics.

2) Requirements vary widely from state to state. We went to our local BMV & got a listing of what was required.