Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Finding the INS Office to use for AOS, EAD and AP

Finding the INS Office to use for AOS, EAD and AP

Old Nov 17th 2001, 8:30 pm
Raebear

Ok, I know this sounds totally idiotic, but in all my noodling around on the net to
find this information, I've not run across anything definitive. How do you determine
which local INS office with which you will be dealing for AOS, EAD and AP? I live on
the Central Coast of California, and I have determined there is an INS satellite
office in Goleta, near Santa Barbara. That would be the closest to us, but I'm just
not sure how to find out for sure. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks as always, Rae

Old Nov 17th 2001, 11:19 pm
Debbie Barfield

It's based on which county you live in. The INS sent a notice to me along with the
application for AOS, but it only dealt with the counties that fall under the
juridiction of the Sacramento office.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 18th 2001, 1:23 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rae,

You are correct.

Go to the INS website. Look at the list of District Offices for your state. Chose the one that serves the county in which you live.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Raebear
Ok, I know this sounds totally idiotic, ...

Thanks as always, Rae
Old Nov 18th 2001, 4:19 am
Raebear

Thanks for being so kind and understanding. I'm sure you've always understood
everything that was ever happening to you. So your tolerance is most impressive.

jeffreyhy wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 18th 2001, 10:16 am
Alvena Ferreira

raebear wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fi...chorCALIFORNIA Check each
office's "about us" link, which will tell you the counties served by that office.

Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org

Old Nov 18th 2001, 10:51 am
Raebear

Thank you, Alvena. I have been on the site before many times, actually looking for
this information and missed it somehow. I think my brain just didn't want to accept
we'd have to use Los Angeles... it's especially galling as San Jose, Fresno and San
Francisco are all closer. As always, thanks for your kind guidance and help. - Rae

Alvena Ferreira wrote:
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Ok, I know this sounds totally idiotic, but in all my noodling around on the net[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to find this information, I've not run across anything definitive. How do you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > determine which local INS office with which you will be dealing for AOS, EAD and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > AP? I live on the Central Coast of California, and I have determined there is an[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > INS satellite office in Goleta, near Santa Barbara. That would be the closest to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > us, but I'm just not sure how to find out for sure. Can anyone point me in the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > right direction?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 18th 2001, 11:50 am
Alvena Ferreira

raebear wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

here's a tip that you may find helpful: IF you need the EAD card as soon as possible,
you get it quicker at this office by using the attorney services from the LA Bar
Association, from what they tell me. They do not charge much.

See this URL for their current information:
http://www.lacba.org/showpage.cfm?pageid=423
===
Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org

Old Nov 18th 2001, 10:29 pm
Raebear

Thanks again, Alvena. As always, your advice is golden and disregarded at one's
peril!! I will contact them and find out how we need to proceed. If no one's told you
lately, you're the best!! - Rae

Alvena Ferreira wrote:
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thank you, Alvena. I have been on the site before many times, actually looking[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > for this information and missed it somehow. I think my brain just didn't want to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > accept we'd have to use Los Angeles... it's especially galling as San Jose,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Fresno and San Francisco are all closer. As always, thanks for your kind guidance[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and help. - Rae[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 20th 2001, 2:12 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rae,

You made a statement. I agreed with you.

You asked a question. I answered it for you.

Your appreciativeness is most impressive.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Raebear
Thanks for being so kind and understanding. I'm sure you've always understood
everything that was ever happening to you. So your tolerance is most impressive.

jeffreyhy wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Old Nov 25th 2001, 2:40 pm
Raebear

Please, don't trouble yourself to answer any of my posted questions on the newsgroup.
Clearly my gratitude for your elite knowledge is not sufficient, and your attitude of
smug superiority is hurtful and unwanted. If those of us here asking questions on the
newsgroup knew the answers, we'd surely be grateful to avoid enduring unnecessary
reproaches for our lack of INS experience. As others managed to answer the question
without judgment, I'd prefer to receive my replies from those.

jeffreyhy wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >