Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Finally visas issued just waiting on delivery :)

Finally visas issued just waiting on delivery :)

Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default Finally visas issued just waiting on delivery :)

Hi Folks

Well as some will know i am on day 13 waiting for my visas to be delivered from London Embassy. I e-mailed the embassy 5 days ago and today i got an answer saying it was now completed after in-depth reviewing...weird i thought ...since i was approved on the 12th september....My husband got in touch with his senator whichwas a huge help!
The senators office called the embassy and raised hell becuse she said i should have had my visas in the 5 day timeframe i was given so she did call and ask why was my visas being delayed...they told her that they made a typo on my visa, they typed my prevous married name instead of my current. To that she asked why on earth did it take 2 weeks to sort that minor mistake? They admited it was thier fault and was making sure it was corrected.
They said they were issuing the visas today and that i would have them in a day or 2.
I did also get a few e-mails saying they were sorry for the delay, at 4:51pm today i got the last e-mail from the consulate saying the visas were issued now and would be with SMS shortly.
I guess the senators office really helped locate my visas and found out what was going on. A member of the public have no way of getting to talk to the CO's.

It's such a shame that there isn't a number that you can call the consulate direct although i understand there are thousands of ppl applying and well guess the work would never get done but for me and my husband this has been a frustrating time, hoping i will get a text or call from SMS tomorrow as i now fly out to US Tuesday 7th Oct.

I will feel better when i have them in my hands...then i can get a decent sleep For now im more settled My medicals were not lost, it just goes to show it takes the action we took to get to the bottom of this.

Good luck to those going through this

Michelle
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 2:10 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally visas issued just waiting on delivery :)

Glad your husband's political rep was helpful in clearing this up for you. Here's hoping it is in your hands by Saturday.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Skiboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
Hi Folks

Well as some will know i am on day 13 waiting for my visas to be delivered from London Embassy. I e-mailed the embassy 5 days ago and today i got an answer saying it was now completed after in-depth reviewing...weird i thought ...since i was approved on the 12th september....My husband got in touch with his senator whichwas a huge help!
The senators office called the embassy and raised hell becuse she said i should have had my visas in the 5 day timeframe i was given so she did call and ask why was my visas being delayed...they told her that they made a typo on my visa, they typed my prevous married name instead of my current. To that she asked why on earth did it take 2 weeks to sort that minor mistake? They admited it was thier fault and was making sure it was corrected.
They said they were issuing the visas today and that i would have them in a day or 2.
I did also get a few e-mails saying they were sorry for the delay, at 4:51pm today i got the last e-mail from the consulate saying the visas were issued now and would be with SMS shortly.
I guess the senators office really helped locate my visas and found out what was going on. A member of the public have no way of getting to talk to the CO's.

It's such a shame that there isn't a number that you can call the consulate direct although i understand there are thousands of ppl applying and well guess the work would never get done but for me and my husband this has been a frustrating time, hoping i will get a text or call from SMS tomorrow as i now fly out to US Tuesday 7th Oct.

I will feel better when i have them in my hands...then i can get a decent sleep For now im more settled My medicals were not lost, it just goes to show it takes the action we took to get to the bottom of this.

Michelle
That's great news Michelle. Hope they get to you soon.

Paul
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Nottinghamshire UK > Florida > UK 10days >Ireland > BACK IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE UK
pcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nice

Hi Michelle

Thats great news. I will email you later but thought i would just send a quick message to say congratulations. Hope you will soon be on your way

Chris
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
Hi Folks

Michelle
Hi Michelle:

I'm glad the problem has been resolved. I'm just curious, which Senators represent Scotland?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi Michelle:

I'm glad the problem has been resolved. I'm just curious, which Senators represent Scotland?
Aww, she's just adopted her new senator already
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michelle:

Being obtuse today?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
Being obtuse today?
Nah. Just curious. Not obtuse at all IMHO. OP made mention of "his senator" and I understood her husband was resident in UK with her. Perhaps I misunderstood -- but last time I looked, Scotland was part of the UK. A US citizen permanently residing in Scotland won't by definition, have any senators representing him.

That said, it may very well be that her in-laws contacted their senator. I've seen that happen.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 3:27 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Nah. Just curious. Not obtuse at all IMHO. OP made mention of "his senator" and I understood her husband was resident in UK with her. Perhaps I misunderstood -- but last time I looked, Scotland was part of the UK. A US citizen permanently residing in Scotland won't by definition, have any senators representing him.

That said, it may very well be that her in-laws contacted their senator. I've seen that happen.
The OP is a woman, whose USC husband lives in the US.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:08 pm
Concierge

Nope she is in Scotland and her hubby is a USC living in Naples, Florida awaiting the arrival of his new wife and stepson. Helps to remember their background stories LOL

Oh and they are flying into Miami and will travel by car up Alligator Alley to Naples.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Nope she is in Scotland and her hubby is a USC living in Naples, Florida awaiting the arrival of his new wife and stepson. Helps to remember their background stories LOL

Oh and they are flying into Miami and will travel by car up Alligator Alley to Naples.
Aren't we the precise one
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:27 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Tracym
Aren't we the precise one

But, of course. Isn't that what being a Gemini is all about

Besides I was ribbing Stuart.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But, of course. Isn't that what being a Gemini is all about

Virgos too
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

Hi:

And I did it right back.

Actually, it is one of those issue that I find somewhat interesting. It arises from a factoid I was taught in law school class on Federal Jurisdiction. It involved a lawsuit by Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton as plaintiffs. I forget if they filed it in Federal Court or in a state court with the defendants trying to remove it to Federal Court. The issue was "diversity jurisdiction." All I remember was that "diversity" was not present because Liz was a United States Citizen not resident in any state of the US. Also, there was no "Federal Question" involved.

Please don't ask me to explain this. But let me put it this way, any initial filing in Federal Court must start with a statement of jurisdiction. The topic is important but often obscure, obtuse and somewhat confusing -- even to the lawyers.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:45 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Under the Palin Doctrine, the governor of the nearest state to the foreign state has holds intimate knowledge. Unsure whether this could be extended to legal jurisdiction, but in their topsy-turvy world, anything is possible. So I'm giving authority on this matter to the governor of Maine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.