Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Finally, Removal of Conditions (I hope)

Finally, Removal of Conditions (I hope)

Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

CortezII is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally, Removal of Conditions (I hope)

Ok, so quite some time ago, I received a letter (Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence). It took me a while to get off my duff and go down to the local (Atlanta) USCIS office - as instructed in the letter. Of course, when I got there, they wouldn't let me in, because I didn't have an appointment (not mentioned in letter - but apparently, by then they had instituted the "InfoPass" system).

So, once again, with my busy (aren't we all, though) schedule, I finally schedule through InfoPass an appointment to get my new 10-year permanent green card. As I gather my materials, I notice that my passport expired three days before (arghh!). So, I have to cancel my appointment.

I have now spent the last four months trying to get my new passport from Passport Canada (morons too! - rejected photos three times!!).

So, I finally have my new passport, I have my old I-551, I have three photos (new passport-type) and driver's license. I just made an appointment with the Atlanta USCIS once again.

Is there anything that I need to do other than show-up with the above documents? Is there a fee that I need to pay to get the 10-year I-551?
Rete, I think you once told me that the new I-90 procedure (applying by mail or electronically) does not apply to me, and that they will complete an I-89, but I can't find any I-89 forms on the USCIS website. Am I missing something? So, I still need to show-up and I am not required to apply electronically or through the mail, right?

Thanks all!

- CortezII
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally, Removal of Conditions (I hope)

Originally Posted by CortezII
Ok, so quite some time ago, I received a letter (Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence). It took me a while to get off my duff and go down to the local (Atlanta) USCIS office - as instructed in the letter. Of course, when I got there, they wouldn't let me in, because I didn't have an appointment (not mentioned in letter - but apparently, by then they had instituted the "InfoPass" system).

So, once again, with my busy (aren't we all, though) schedule, I finally schedule through InfoPass an appointment to get my new 10-year permanent green card. As I gather my materials, I notice that my passport expired three days before (arghh!). So, I have to cancel my appointment.

I have now spent the last four months trying to get my new passport from Passport Canada (morons too! - rejected photos three times!!).

So, I finally have my new passport, I have my old I-551, I have three photos (new passport-type) and driver's license. I just made an appointment with the Atlanta USCIS once again.

Is there anything that I need to do other than show-up with the above documents? Is there a fee that I need to pay to get the 10-year I-551?
Rete, I think you once told me that the new I-90 procedure (applying by mail or electronically) does not apply to me, and that they will complete an I-89, but I can't find any I-89 forms on the USCIS website. Am I missing something? So, I still need to show-up and I am not required to apply electronically or through the mail, right?

Thanks all!

- CortezII
Congratulations!

Details in my experience:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320675
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Kid ... was wondering how you and the family were doing in the warmth of the southern part of the country.

Geez you remember a conversation from years back on the I-89 and I-90? You are one smart cookie with a retentive memory. You can't find the I-89 online because it is not a form per se but that little card that you signed and placed your fingerprint on back in the old days when you did your AOS interview. Think hard, kid, remember it? Well they will do another one when you are there.

Just to bring you up to date, there have been procedural changes even in that these days. Now they are manufacturing the card from the photograph and digital fingerprint that new petitions have to do at the ASC center for security clearance and employment authorization cards. Yup CIS is trying to modernize itself.

Hope all is well and the next time you have to come up to the big bad city, give me a call. The numbers are still the same and I can take a longer break for lunch or perhaps dinner. I know there have to be one or two of little seminars you guys have to take up in my neck of the woods this year.

Rita

Thanks all!

- CortezII
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congratulations!

Details in my experience:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320675

Hey Cortez ... Mexie just reminded me to remind you to post your I-751 experience on the Kamya site. it is located after my name ;-))))

Rita
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

Thanks all!

- CortezII
Congratulations!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

CortezII is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete

Just to bring you up to date, there have been procedural changes even in that these days. Now they are manufacturing the card from the photograph and digital fingerprint that new petitions have to do at the ASC center for security clearance and employment authorization cards. Yup CIS is trying to modernize itself.
Rete,

So, the procedural changes you mention ... does it mean I need to do anything other than show up at the Atlanta CIS office? I don't need to submit any new petitions or anything do I?

- CortezII