Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Finally Received Citizenship Interview - Need to reschedule

Finally Received Citizenship Interview - Need to reschedule

Old Jun 25th 2021, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

navman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally Received Citizenship Interview - Need to reschedule

I have finally received my citizenship interview at the end of July (application was filled last August).

I will be in the UK at the time and even if I come back for the interview the notice states to reschedule if out the country the previous 10 days. Is that acceptable and how accommodating are they ?
Old Jun 25th 2021, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally Received Citizenship Interview - Need to reschedule

Originally Posted by navman
I have finally received my citizenship interview at the end of July (application was filled last August).

I will be in the UK at the time and even if I come back for the interview the notice states to reschedule if out the country the previous 10 days. Is that acceptable and how accommodating are they ?
Do not reschedule. Re-plan your UK trip instead.
Old Jun 25th 2021, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Why should I not reschedule? They can only push out to a later date,
Old Jun 25th 2021, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

msk2uon is an unknown quantity at this point

Which center is this? I think the different sites have very varied datelines for processing ..
Old Jun 25th 2021, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

San Jose, CA
Old Jun 25th 2021, 3:51 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Given that they explicitly request rescheduling if you have been abroad in the previous 10 days they would appear to be receptive to the process. What is the procedure for rescheduling, online, by phone, in writing?
Old Jun 25th 2021, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

If this is important to you then don’t reschedule due to Covid backlogs. Just my two cents.
Old Jun 25th 2021, 4:07 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Factor in that assuming you are approved you may have to wait a week or more for an oath ceremony if they don’t do it on the day. Once you are a USC you are required to apply for a US passport before you can travel, not sure on wait times for US passports right now but you could have a 2-8 week window in which you can’t get travel international.
Old Jun 25th 2021, 4:10 pm
Furby

Glasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I had to delay my citizenship interview about 5 or 6 years ago because I had long standing plans to be out of town (not out of the country). It was rescheduled to a month later with no concerns whatsoever.
Old Jun 25th 2021, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Glasgow Girl
I had to delay my citizenship interview about 5 or 6 years ago because I had long standing plans to be out of town (not out of the country). It was rescheduled to a month later with no concerns whatsoever.
We all long for those pre-Covid days…
Old Jun 26th 2021, 5:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Since you obviously plan on rescheduling and they have said rescheduling is acceptable, what really are you asking?

Reschedule and when you send them notice that you wish to do so, be sure that you alert them to your plans with dates of departure and date of return so they can accommodate your preferences.
Old Jun 28th 2021, 3:59 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

reschedule - it's not a big issue unless you are in a hurry to get your naturalization finished. Just make sure that you send the notice to reschedule via recorded delivery so you know it got there.
Just a heads-up - I got my citizenship at the end of May and had to wait 1 month for an available appointment to apply for my US passport. I have paid extra $60 for expedited processing but was told it would still take 2 months.
Old Jun 28th 2021, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
reschedule - it's not a big issue unless you are in a hurry to get your naturalization finished. Just make sure that you send the notice to reschedule via recorded delivery so you know it got there.
Just a heads-up - I got my citizenship at the end of May and had to wait 1 month for an available appointment to apply for my US passport. I have paid extra $60 for expedited processing but was told it would still take 2 months.
Why do you advocate rescheduling during the pandemic? The backlog is unpredictable.
Old Jun 28th 2021, 7:54 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
Why do you advocate rescheduling during the pandemic? The backlog is unpredictable.
Why not if the OP is not in a hurry? Why cut short a vacation and incur expenses if he doesn't have to?
Just FYI my son did his interview and oath ceremony on separate dates last year a couple of weeks before the pandemic hit EU. He was a student in NL at the time and there were no issues at all with him flying back the day before just for the appointments .
Anecdotally I'm hearing that rescheduled appointments are about 1 month later..
Old Jul 11th 2021, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

leema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond repute

It says that you ‘may re-schedule’ on the letter so I don’t think you have to. I just returned from the UK and they called me to tell me they needed to re-scedule because I was out of the country. I explained that I was back in the US and had taken all the required travel Covid tests and that I was also vaccinated. The person who called said that was fine and ‘see you on Thursday’.

I think it also said if you are vaccinated and have been in contact with a Covid positive person, you don’t need to re-schedule unless you have symptoms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.