Finally Green Card arrived...:)

Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all
Default Finally Green Card arrived...:)

After a wait of 1.5 years though security clearances, my husband received his green card today!
Now the card says that residence since 08/07 and expires in 08/09. Does that mean my husband has to wait for 3 years starting 08/07 to file for his citizenship? or does the period before of 1.5 years will count as well?

Also, he has already applied for EAD and AP but we havent heard anything yet and USCIS hasnt cashed the checks yet... Is there a way we can ask them to stop processing that? or get our money back...? just thinking....

Thanks for all your help!

Sanna
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally Green Card arrived...:)

Originally Posted by carpdiem
After a wait of 1.5 years though security clearances, my husband received his green card today!
Now the card says that residence since 08/07 and expires in 08/09. Does that mean my husband has to wait for 3 years starting 08/07 to file for his citizenship? or does the period before of 1.5 years will count as well?

Also, he has already applied for EAD and AP but we havent heard anything yet and USCIS hasnt cashed the checks yet... Is there a way we can ask them to stop processing that? or get our money back...? just thinking....

Sanna
Hi Sanna,

Congratulations!! Woo hoo! If he is resident since August 2007, he will be eligible to apply for citizenship in May 2010. Three years from the date he became a resident. The 1.5 years he was waiting does not count.

If the checks aren't cashed yet, you might be able to put a stop payment on them, not sure what the fees are for that...or if USCIS will charge you anything on top of that when they go to cash the checks and realize they've been stopped. I know they charge for insufficient funds, but not sure about stopped payments.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Finally Green Card arrived...:)

Sanna
If his green card is only for 2 years, he must apply to have the conditions lifted before the 2 years are up. Once he get the Conditions removed he will get a 10 year Green Card. This may mean another interview with Immigration.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Sanna,

Congratulations!! Woo hoo! If he is resident since August 2007, he will be eligible to apply for citizenship in May 2010. Three years from the date he became a resident. The 1.5 years he was waiting does not count.

If the checks aren't cashed yet, you might be able to put a stop payment on them, not sure what the fees are for that...or if USCIS will charge you anything on top of that when they go to cash the checks and realize they've been stopped. I know they charge for insufficient funds, but not sure about stopped payments.

Rene
Also, don't forget he'll have to remove conditions during the 90-day window before the date of expiration of this green card (August 2009).

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:56 pm

If he is resident since August 2007, he will be eligible to apply for citizenship in May 2010. Three years from the date he became a resident. The 1.5 years he was waiting does not count.
I should clarify this more. He will be eligible to apply for citizenship starting the during the 90 days before his 3rd anniversary as a PR. He started being a PR in August 2007.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:00 pm

Sanna,

Have you been married more than two years now? Or not yet?

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all

Hi Sanna,

Rene
Thanks Rene! We are just so excited about it, it was a looong wait!

I thought about putting a stop payment for checks but i wasnt sure what would happen then... they will basically just deny the application right?

Thanks,

Sanna
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations....
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:08 pm

Thanks Rene! We are just so excited about it, it was a looong wait!

I thought about putting a stop payment for checks but i wasnt sure what would happen then... they will basically just deny the application right?

Thanks,

Sanna
I don't really know what they will do with a stop payment. They'll deny the applications of course, but I'm afraid you might get a bank charge as well. Call your bank and ask them what happens in a case like this. Also, I remember reading a blurb in USCIS instructions somewhere about what they charge for a returned check.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

I don't really know what they will do with a stop payment. They'll deny the applications of course, but I'm afraid you might get a bank charge as well. Call your bank and ask them what happens in a case like this. Also, I remember reading a blurb in USCIS instructions somewhere about what they charge for a returned check.

Rene
Rene,
Our two years of marriage will be in November so we still have few months left...........
I am readingt hrough google that if you put a stop payment on checks, USCIS will demand the amount of checks + the bounced fees...

Is there a number where I can call USCIS and ask them what to do?

Thanks,

Sanna
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:51 pm

Rene,
Our two years of marriage will be in November so we still have few months left...........
I am readingt hrough google that if you put a stop payment on checks, USCIS will demand the amount of checks + the bounced fees...

Is there a number where I can call USCIS and ask them what to do?

Thanks,

Sanna
So you haven't hit your 2nd wedding anniversary yet...so him getting the 2-year green card was correct. I was just checking.

I suppose you can call the 800-misinformation line, but I can't guarantee they will know anything more than we laymen do.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

I wish I had an answer for you on the other apps,..
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Finally Green Card arrived...:)

Sanna
CONGRATULATIONS by the way!!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
CONGRATULATIONS by the way!!
Thanks

I am still confuse about what to do with the applications we have already filed.....

-Sanna
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the receipt of the green card.

As for the apps, one of two choices from where I sit:

1. Let it ride and go to the bio appointment and show the green card.

2. Cancel the checks and accept the loss of some monies through fees but not all of the monies through processing the apps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.