Finally A Citizen!

Old Jul 3rd 2020, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Finally A Citizen!

I am officially a US citizen!!!

Got the notice on June 17th via text/email, was unable to see interview date. I put in a change of address that day.

Moved to FL on June 20th. I was then able to see the oath ceremony was scheduled for Monday, June 29th.

Decided to fly back for the oath ceremony rather than reschedule.

I did not get the original notice despite having forwarded my mail, I ended up printing the one online and using that.

My ceremony was scheduled for 2pm. They did not let us in the building until 1.45pm.

We then lined up one by one observing a 6ft distance shown by markings on the floor into the ceremony room.

There, one office checked our greencards and called out the A number to another officer who found our certificate.

He also checked we had signed the back of the oath ceremony notice.

There were 25 people in the ceremony, despite the notice allowing for one guest, they did not allow any guests.

The officer then gave a brief speech (3-4 mins) and had us all recite the oath of allegiance.

Then, called us by name and we collected our certificate and left the building.

Only other thing worthy of note, I did hear them saying that many of their colleagues had received furlough notices...
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 5:51 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally A Citizen!

Congratulations!

just a note for others: I don't believe the USPS is allowed to forward mail from USCIS.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Congratulations!

just a note for others: I don't believe the USPS is allowed to forward mail from USCIS.
That is correct.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations!

Originally Posted by steph0scope
That is correct.

Don't think anyone told them!! I did get the notice on Wednesday forwarded to my new address!
Old Jul 4th 2020, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations!

Thank you!!
Old Jul 4th 2020, 5:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Some but not all USCIS snail is forwardable. If the envelope clearly states "do not forward" then it is to be returned to USCIS.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
Some but not all USCIS snail is forwardable. If the envelope clearly states "do not forward" then it is to be returned to USCIS.
This envelope didn't say 'do not forward'....
Old Jul 4th 2020, 5:46 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Some but not all USCIS snail is forwardable. If the envelope clearly states "do not forward" then it is to should be be returned to USCIS.
FIFY.

The process is entirely dependent on the mailman reading the envelope and following the instruction. A neighbor had some mail go missing and it turned out that her mail addressed to Mrs Toni Doe had been forwarded to the previous resident Mr Tony Doe, under Tony Doe's forward mail instruction! .... Yes, they coincidentally had the same surname, but were in no way related.

Our mailman can't even reliably get mail into the correct mailbox box, with us receiving mail addressed to various neighbors at least a couple of times a month.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 4th 2020 at 5:52 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

BennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, I had my oath ceremony 17th June, therefore our timelines were similar. Your description of how the ceremony was planned with all the social distances enforced sounded exactly the same as mine ( Norfolk, Virginia) So folks that have their big day arriving soon, now have some idea of what to expect.
a big day that lacked on occasion, due to the circumstances that was all over with in an hour.
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
FIFY.

The process is entirely dependent on the mailman reading the envelope and following the instruction. A neighbor had some mail go missing and it turned out that her mail addressed to Mrs Toni Doe had been forwarded to the previous resident Mr Tony Doe, under Tony Doe's forward mail instruction! .... Yes, they coincidentally had the same surname, but were in no way related.

Our mailman can't even reliably get mail into the correct mailbox box, with us receiving mail addressed to various neighbors at least a couple of times a month.
Correct, I had USCIS mail forwarded. In fact, it was my green card interview letter...