Final question PROMISE

Old Jan 31st 2014, 9:54 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Final question PROMISE

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
Here's another suggestion that might put your wife at ease - fly to the US from Ireland e.g. Shannon or Dublin. They have US pre-clearance there i.e. you clear US customs and immigration in the Shannon or Dublin airport before you board the plane. When you land in the US, it's like you just landed on a US domestic flight. You just walk off the plane and exit the airport or get on a connecting flight.
There's no flight through Shannon or Dublin that goes to Orlando though. So one would have to take a connecting flight, which is just going to take more time and money. Though I appreciate the principle, and would probably do the same myself if I was really worried about it.

But the OP's wife has nothing to worry about. She's going to hang out with Mickey and Minnie, not Brother Osama.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
There's no flight through Shannon or Dublin that goes to Orlando though. So one would have to take a connecting flight, which is just going to take more time and money. Though I appreciate the principle, and would probably do the same myself if I was really worried about it.

But the OP's wife has nothing to worry about. She's going to hang out with Mickey and Minnie, not Brother Osama.
Yes, I know. Personally I would go direct on VWP/ESTA. It was just a suggestion for the peace of mind for the wife so she's not freaking out on a transatlantic flight worrying about potentially being sent back. By the way, connecting flights may take more time but they do not necessarily cost more money.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was reading about someone who was stopped from boarding, seemed odd.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

daniel.thomas10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
I was reading about someone who was stopped from boarding, seemed odd.
Why where stopped?
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I know. Personally I would go direct on VWP/ESTA. It was just a suggestion for the peace of mind for the wife so she's not freaking out on a transatlantic flight worrying about potentially being sent back. By the way, connecting flights may take more time but they do not necessarily cost more money.
Wish there was a way to put her mind at rest, 9 hours is a long time to be worrying about being sent home
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

It was a she, had done a c90 day trip last year and was coming back for another, pulled aside and ESTA revoked.

Seemed very odd.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:36 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

OP is probably looking at a charter flight to Orlando. Not that immigration standards are different or anything.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
It was a she, had done a c90 day trip last year and was coming back for another, pulled aside and ESTA revoked.

Seemed very odd.
TIME TO CHECK THE ESTA
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daniel.thomas10
TIME TO CHECK THE ESTA
Esta still valid
Old Feb 1st 2014, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
OP is probably looking at a charter flight to Orlando. Not that immigration standards are different or anything.
Yes - it was just something to consider in case the missus is freaking out. Personally I'd go direct and take my chances on the VWP/ESTA.

Last edited by MarylandNed; Feb 1st 2014 at 4:23 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Yes - it was just something to consider in case the missus is freaking out. Personally I'd go direct and take my chances on the VWP/ESTA.
Did you have to use the words take her chances. Every time I feel confident she will walk in no problem I read something to make me panic
Old Feb 1st 2014, 5:02 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone who is not a US citizen is " taking their chances" every time they seek entry to the US.
You are looking for assurances that do not exist.
If words are causing you to panic then do yourself a favour and stop reading.
You have two choices either go or don't .
Old Feb 1st 2014, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daniel.thomas10
Did you have to use the words take her chances. Every time I feel confident she will walk in no problem I read something to make me panic
You could be denied entry as easily as her but neither is likely. The plane could also crash but that's not likely either.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Michael
You could be denied entry as easily as her but neither is likely. The plane could also crash but that's not likely either.
Plane crash
Old Feb 1st 2014, 5:51 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

You could have a car crash on the way to or from the airport
Freak weather conditions coukd ground your flight indefinitely. Another Icelandic volcano could kick off. Aliens could invade.

Have we fed you enough drama yet. You obviously seem to need it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.