Forum Regular

daniel.thomas10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Final question PROMISE

Originally Posted by Boiler
Just take the one she has.
thats the one that was lost when we threw out the passport and had cancelled
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Britsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daniel.thomas10
im going to take that as a no then
Right choice.

Can I suggest you head over to this site and plan your trip. Anything that will occupy you really - but this would be interesting to you...

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disn...orld-vacation/
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Britsimon
Right choice.

Can I suggest you head over to this site and plan your trip. Anything that will occupy you really - but this would be interesting to you...

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disn...orld-vacation/
will have a look at that thank you
Old Jan 31st 2014, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Originally Posted by MarylandNed
Applying for a B2 visa is a risk. If you are denied, you can't travel on VWP/ESTA either.
That's not accurate. What is accurate to say is that you must declare a visa refusal on your ESTA application. There is a potentially chance that due to a recent visa denial your ESTA application may be refused. People's experiences vary on this; some are approved straight away others have to wait 6+ months before being authorised.
Yes, I should have said "probably can't" rather than "can't" (in terms of being able to make the planned trip soon after a B2 denial). I know quite a few people who have had B1/B2 denials. Every one of them was told to wait 6 months before trying again and all of them had issues with obtaining an ESTA. I've heard on here that some people did not have issues but it would be interesting to know what the percentages are. I think it's quite risky to apply for B2 if you qualify for VWP/ESTA (assuming it will suffice for your trip). I would go the VWP/ESTA route first.

Last edited by MarylandNed; Jan 31st 2014 at 2:52 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
Yes, I should have said "probably can't" rather than "can't" (in terms of being able to make the planned trip soon after a B2 denial). I know quite a few people who have had B1/B2 denials. Every one of them was told to wait 6 months before trying again and all of them had issues with obtaining an ESTA. I've heard on here that some people did not have issues but it would be interesting to know what the percentages are. I think it's quite risky to apply for B2 if you qualify for VWP/ESTA (assuming it will suffice for your trip). I would go the VWP/ESTA route first.
Yes, she passed the ESTA, but has never been denied a visa... but I'm saying we should take the advice we have had on here and travel using the ESTA. She's worried that because she had a visa they will be expecting to see a visa at boarder control and turn her away. She thinks we should still apply for the B2
Old Jan 31st 2014, 3:38 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if one passport will be enough for your wife. Is there any way she would qualify for Irish citizenship? That way she would have two passports to show the officer upon entry. Double her chances of entry.

I'm just kidding
Old Jan 31st 2014, 3:40 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, she passed the ESTA, but has never been denied a visa... but I'm saying we should take the advice we have had on here and travel using the ESTA. She's worried that because she had a visa they will be expecting to see a visa at boarder control and turn her away. She thinks we should still apply for the B2
Oh. My. God.

Just stop, for the love of all things holy. PLEASE. You have had countless amounts of advice from people here ALL telling you the correct course of action. Tell your wife what we've told you. She is not an expert, far from it, and needs to listen to those wiser than her.

Last edited by hungryhorace; Jan 31st 2014 at 3:43 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Oh. My. God.

Just stop, for the love of all things holy. PLEASE. You have had countless amounts of advice from people here ALL telling you the correct course of action. Tell your wife what we've told you. She is not an expert, far from it, and needs to listen to those wiser than her.
I know, cheers. We are going to go on the ESTA.
You guys seem to know what your talking about.
And I have not got a clue if I'm honest.
Just out of intrest why does the VWP questionnaire on the us website tell you to get a visa if you have ever been arrested and the ESTA website only if that arrest involves a Cimt surly that will cause problems. If I had seen the ESTA website years ago it would have saved all this.

Also what does the ESTA system check against??? It's can't just be a tick box or it would not have come back pending... Will someone have manually checked my wife's ESTA application

Last edited by daniel.thomas10; Jan 31st 2014 at 4:08 pm. Reason: missing word
Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of intrest why does the VWP questionnaire on the us website tell you to get a visa if you have ever been arrested and the ESTA website only if that arrest involves surly that will cause problems. If I had seen the ESTA website years ago it would have saved all this.
Because the two websites are maintained by totally different entities, and the embassy tends to "play it safe" by saying "ever been arrested", even though that hurts the applicant in the long run.

Also what does the ESTA system check against??? It's can't just be a tick box or it would not have come back pending... Will someone have manually checked my wife's ESTA application
No way of knowing, sorry. Only someone who actually works in that area would be able to share that knowledge.

Rene
Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:16 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of intrest why does the VWP questionnaire on the us website tell you to get a visa if you have ever been arrested and the ESTA website only if that arrest involves a Cimt surly that will cause problems.
Lay people won't be aware of what a CIMT is, let alone be able to judge whether there crime falls into the category. Even expert immigration attorneys are split on whether certain crimes fall into CIMT categories or not.

Hence the US Embassy in the UK goes for a blanket 'any and all arrests' approach as it's the easier way for them to manage requests. It's a totally false line, and one which they themselves must know is false, but there is good reasoning behind it.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

talk about making life difficult.... Last time I take anything off the embassy website.

When we travel on the ESTA and let's say my wife gets pulled in... And did need a visa. Would they just send her home or is it up to there discretion if she can stay or not?
Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:39 pm
Banned

talk about making life difficult.... Last time I take anything off the embassy website.

When we travel on the ESTA and let's say my wife gets pulled in... And did need a visa. Would they just send her home or is it up to there discretion if she can stay or not?
They have complete discretion. Can I attempt to put your mind at risk? In all probability, your wife is going to be absolutely fine. They will ask her why she's here, she replies 'Disneyworld', you'll be asked how long you're staying for, STAMP, done.

IF, they do query the prior use of a B1/B2 visa, then simply be honest and state that you believe you needed a visa to travel due to a prior DUI however upon taking advice you were informed that a DUI was not a CIMT and hence were allowed to use the VWP.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

They have complete discretion. Can I attempt to put your mind at risk? In all probability, your wife is going to be absolutely fine. They will ask her why she's here, she replies 'Disneyworld', you'll be asked how long you're staying for, STAMP, done.

IF, they do query the prior use of a B1/B2 visa, then simply be honest and state that you believe you needed a visa to travel due to a prior DUI however upon taking advice you were informed that a DUI was not a CIMT and hence were allowed to use the VWP.
That's put my mind at a lot of ease thank you.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

I know, cheers. We are going to go on the ESTA.
You guys seem to know what your talking about.
And I have not got a clue if I'm honest.
Here's another suggestion that might put your wife at ease - fly to the US from Ireland e.g. Shannon or Dublin. They have US pre-clearance there i.e. you clear US customs and immigration in the Shannon or Dublin airport before you board the plane. When you land in the US, it's like you just landed on a US domestic flight. You just walk off the plane and exit the airport or get on a connecting flight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.