Filling and Saving the 1-130 Form

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:43 pm
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of
Talking Filling and Saving the 1-130 Form

Sorry if this is dumb,

My husband was going to fill out the form, using the one provided on USCIS online, then save it, so he could get it printed.

But when you save it, then open it the data is gone.

Is there a form you can fill out using acrobat, then save to be printed?

And in case your wondering, he does not have a printer at home. Hence needing to save it, and print elsewhere.

any suggestions, or have I got this all wrong.
Thanks
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filling and Saving the 1-130 Form

Originally Posted by gnasher12
But when you save it, then open it the data is gone.
Is he using Acrobat Reader? With a full version of Acrobat, he should be able to save the form and the data. If he's using Acrobat Reader and Windows XP, there's a program called PDF Creator that he can install that will allow him to print any file to a PDF format. He doesn't need a printer to use the program. Once saved as a PDF file, he can copy the file to a USB flash drive and have it printed anywhere.

Ian
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

AlistairL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Is he using Acrobat Reader? With a full version of Acrobat, he should be able to save the form and the data. If he's using Acrobat Reader and Windows XP, there's a program called PDF Creator that he can install that will allow him to print any file to a PDF format. He doesn't need a printer to use the program. Once saved as a PDF file, he can copy the file to a USB flash drive and have it printed anywhere.

Ian
Do these forms require the answers to be printed or hand written?
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlistairL
Do these forms require the answers to be printed or hand written?
Neither

The forms may be completed by hand or 'typed' (I dunno.. wth do you call it these days? It's like 'dialing' a phone call. )

gnasher12, without a full version of Acrobat, you can't save the data in most of the forms. You'll want to find a work around that is easily understood (hey, I am coaching some computer illiterates right now..) or, go buy a $20 printer.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the day (2003) I filled out the forms by hand. I believe that method still works to this day.

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:48 pm
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
Neither

The forms may be completed by hand or 'typed' (I dunno.. wth do you call it these days? It's like 'dialing' a phone call. )

gnasher12, without a full version of Acrobat, you can't save the data in most of the forms. You'll want to find a work around that is easily understood (hey, I am coaching some computer illiterates right now..) or, go buy a $20 printer.
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/secretariat/Desktop/VISA%20APPLICATION/INS-Form-I-1301.pdf

I don't know if this will work, but someone just sent it to me, you can save your information in it, and open it with the data there.

Hope its the correct form
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/secretariat/Desktop/VISA%20APPLICATION/INS-Form-I-1301.pdf

I don't know if this will work, but someone just sent it to me, you can save your information in it, and open it with the data there.

Not so much.. that's a link to someone's harddrive.

I've got no idea what version of the form that is or if it's been altered. We generally recommend downloading forms only from uscis.gov
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

tryer is an unknown quantity at this point

You may be able to do a save as a Word document or something. Without full Adobe Acrobat (which costs $$$) you will be unable to save and alter pdf files.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I gave you the answer to the problem in my first post.

Ian
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tryer
Without full Adobe Acrobat (which costs $$$) you will be unable to save and alter pdf files.
With respect, as long as the PDF forms are fillable, your response simply isn't true.

Ian
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

tryer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks but with Acrobat Reader, which is free, you can't save a pdf file offline and then alter it. You would need Full Adobe Acrobat or Professional to save and edit. My response is completey true I'm afraid.

http://www.kb.indiana.edu/data/ajpo.html
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

My response is completey true I'm afraid.
I'm not going to quibble about your inability to think outside the box. I suggest you actually read what I wrote in post #2... not what you think I wrote.

Ian
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:19 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

t,

Save you can, alter maybe not.

Adobe Acrobat is not the only application that enables one to create and manipulate PDF files.

Regards, JEff

Without full Adobe Acrobat (which costs $$$) you will be unable to save and alter pdf files.