Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Filling in DS158 form for extending a J1 Visa

Filling in DS158 form for extending a J1 Visa

Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

bathexile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filling in DS158 form for extending a J1 Visa

Hi all, some advice would be greatly appreciated. I am in the process of extending my J1 visa and am having issues with the wording of the DS158.

Question 4 asks for a permanent home address, is this the address I live at in the US, or should I put my parents address back in England where I used to live.

And similarly, question 7 asks for two contacts in my country of residence. Should this be two Americans, or two brits.

I have tried google and these forums and no one seems to have had this problem (or they are not as dumb as me about filling in forms).

There is also a simlar question on the DS156, Question 15, my home address should I put down where I live in the US or my parents address in the UK?

Or go with plan B and take along two versions, one with US address and contacts, and one with UK address and contacts?

Anyway thanks for your help and it is three weeks until my xmas trip home and the visit to the embassy. I don't know why this feels so stressful, there is something about the visit to get the visa that is unnerving!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filling in DS158 form for extending a J1 Visa

Originally Posted by bathexile
Question 4 asks for a permanent home address, is this the address I live at in the US, or should I put my parents address back in England where I used to live.
The J-1 is a "non-immigrant" visa. You do not have a permanent address in the US.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Dec 1st 2009 at 1:28 am.