Filing fee clarification

Old May 4th 2007, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

pixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nice
Default Filing fee clarification

Someone told me to have 1000 dollars saved for filing fees (AOS, I-130, I-765, biometrics...forgive me if i've left something out...seems like there was one more form, but anyway..lol). Or is it still $765 for everything when adjusting status, at least until the middle of June?
Old May 4th 2007, 9:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing fee clarification

Originally Posted by pixieprincess30
Someone told me to have 1000 dollars saved for filing fees (AOS, I-130, I-765, biometrics...forgive me if i've left something out...seems like there was one more form, but anyway..lol). Or is it still $765 for everything when adjusting status, at least until the middle of June?
Advance Parole if wanted I-131

Cost of medical
Old May 4th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

pixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nicepixieprincess30 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete
Advance Parole if wanted I-131

Cost of medical
So, the advance parole is included in the $765, and then we have to pay the cost of the medical after we file all those papers, or we have to have that before? Do you know roughly how much the medical may cost?
Old May 4th 2007, 12:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So, the advance parole is included in the $765, and then we have to pay the cost of the medical after we file all those papers, or we have to have that before? Do you know roughly how much the medical may cost?
The forms you file for AOS depend on how you entered the USA. If you entered on a K-3 or K-1 visa, you don't need the I-130. Otherwise, you do.

Assuming you did NOT enter on a K-1, K-3, the list is:
I-130 = $190
I-485 = $325
I-765 for EAD = $180
I-131 for AP = $170
Biometrics Fee = $70

This all totals $935.00 Of course if you don't need the I-130, subtract $190.

Plus the medical, which is a variable cost because each doctor can set his own fee. You'll have to call the doctors in your area and ask. I would figure around $200 for the medical, I guess....but that's just a guess. (If you entered on a K-1 or K-3 and you file AOS within a year of having your medical done overseas, you don't need a whole new medical....you only need the vaccination supplement which is cheaper.)

You'll need more passport photos to include with the petitions, too...so there's a little extra cost. Also the cost of photocopies if you have to use a copy store.

These fees are as of today, May 4, 2007. Fees can and do go up, so for the current fees, please go to www.uscis.gov.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 4th 2007, 12:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you came to the USA on a K-1 or K-3, you don't need a whole new medical, just the vaccination supplement.

If you did not use a K-1 or K-3 to enter the USA, and you need a whole medical done, you will need to have it done BEFORE you submit the AOS package. The sealed envelope with your medical results needs to be included in the AOS package.

If you are just doing the vaccination supplement, that will also need to be done BEFORE filing the AOS package. The sealed envelope with your vaccination supplement paper inside will need to be included in the AOS package.

Cost for the medical / vaccination supplement will vary because the doctor can set his own fee. Go to www.uscis.gov, find the list of USCIS approved civil surgeons in your area, and call around to get quotes.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 4th 2007, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The forms you file for AOS depend on how you entered the USA. If you entered on a K-3 or K-1 visa, you don't need the I-130. Otherwise, you do.

I-130 = $190
I-485 = $325
I-765 for EAD = $180
I-131 for AP = $170
Biometrics Fee = $70

This all totals $935.00 Of course if you don't need the I-130, subtract $190.

Plus the medical, which is a variable cost because each doctor can set his own fee. You'll have to call the doctors in your area and ask. I would figure around $200 for the medical, I guess....but that's just a guess. (If you entered on a K-1 or K-3 and you file AOS within a year of having your medical done overseas, you don't need a whole new medical....you only need the vaccination supplement which is cheaper.)

You'll need more passport photos to include with the petitions, too...so there's a little extra cost. Also the cost of photocopies if you have to use a copy store.

These fees are as of today, May 4, 2007. Fees can and do go up, so for the current fees, please go to www.uscis.gov.

Best Wishes,
Rene
do you mean if i don't need the I-131, the advance parole, or did you actually mean the i-130? I came here on the vwp and married my boyfriend who is a usc
Old May 4th 2007, 2:01 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I-130 = $190
I-485 = $325
I-765 for EAD = $180
I-131 for AP = $170
Biometrics Fee = $70

This all totals $935.00
Under the proposed new fee structure that $935
will become $1985 ....phew ...
Old May 4th 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

do you mean if i don't need the I-131, the advance parole, or did you actually mean the i-130? I came here on the vwp and married my boyfriend who is a usc
As you entered on the VWP you will need the I-130. You can file the I-131 if you want to get Advance Parole, as long as you have maintained status you can use it to leave (and return to) the country whilst waiting to adjust. Most people seem to get it just in case of an emergency at home.
Old May 4th 2007, 3:14 pm

In your case, you will need the I-130. The I-131 for AP is optional, I was just giving you the whole scenario, if you choose to file everything. The I-765 for EAD is also optional, but it's useful to have it for many things besides working.

If you had come on a K-1 or K-3, you would not have needed the I-130, but in your case, you do.

Rene
Old May 4th 2007, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

also, in regards to sending copies of his previous 3 years tax returns...as i have read, i thought you only needed copies of your most recent yearly tax return (will you need a copy of your w-2's as well or just the forms?) I appreciate any help you can offer...

Last edited by pixieprincess30; May 4th 2007 at 4:54 pm. Reason: spelling
Old May 4th 2007, 5:17 pm

also, in regards to sending copies of his previous 3 years tax returns...as i have read, i thought you only needed copies of your most recent yearly tax return (will you need a copy of your w-2's as well or just the forms?) I appreciate any help you can offer...
For AOS in your case, I believe only the most recent 1 year of tax returns is required. Double check in the instructions for the I-864, I'm sure it mentions what tax return(s) to include.

Yes, he'll need a copy of the W-2's as well, plus a letter from his employer and recent pay stub.

Rene

p.s. To clarify, it's the US embassy overseas that usually needs 3 years of tax returns, when applying for a visa to immigrate to the USA.
Old May 4th 2007, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

For AOS in your case, I believe only the most recent 1 year of tax returns is required. Double check in the instructions for the I-864, I'm sure it mentions what tax return(s) to include.

Yes, he'll need a copy of the W-2's as well, plus a letter from his employer and recent pay stub.

Rene

p.s. To clarify, it's the US embassy overseas that usually needs 3 years of tax returns, when applying for a visa to immigrate to the USA.
Yes, i thought that was what i read, i just wanted to make sure before we began filing paperwork...thank you so much for your help.
Old May 4th 2007, 5:29 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Under the proposed new fee structure that $935
will become $1985 ....phew ...

Yikes!! Where does the extra $1050 go??
Old May 4th 2007, 5:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Yikes!! Where does the extra $1050 go??

For border fencing, fees for asylum seekers, and to fund any new "amnesty" law that comes into being. They are telling us it is to revamp and modernize the system. I have a bridge you can have cheap if you are willing to buy that one.
Old May 4th 2007, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
For border fencing, fees for asylum seekers, and to fund any new "amnesty" law that comes into being. They are telling us it is to revamp and modernize the system. I have a bridge you can have cheap if you are willing to buy that one.
but until mid june, as long as you file before then, the 935 is still the going rate, correct? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.