Filing fee change 30/07/07

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:19 pm

scrubbedexpat131 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filing fee change 30/07/07

As you may know, USCIS changed it's filing fees for Adjustment of status through marriage. I am pretty confused about the whole thing.

In short

How many cheques do I need to send and for what amounts?

Many thanks

John
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing fee change 30/07/07

Originally Posted by johncolin78
As you may know, USCIS changed it's filing fees for Adjustment of status through marriage. I am pretty confused about the whole thing.

In short

How many cheques do I need to send and for what amounts?

Many thanks

John
Here's the link to the current forms and fees: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

It's pretty easy. Find the forms you need to file, and it tells you there how much it is.

If you are filing an I-130, the fee for that is $355.
If you are filing and I-485 and supporting documents (I-765 and I-131), the grand total including biometrics is $1,010.
Total of both comes to 1,365.

Personally, I would send two checks. One attached to the I-130, and one attached to the I-485. Of course, depending on how you came to the USA, you may or may not need the I-130.

Rene
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:59 pm

Thanks so much

That has helped me enormously. So I may not need to file an I-130? I came to the U.S. on a six month tourist visa, that ran out on July 10th but was extended until September 13th to provide documents for a H-3 visa application. I got married on August 6th to a United States Citizen. Do you think I need to file an I-130?

Thanks again
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much

That has helped me enormously. So I may not need to file an I-130? I came to the U.S. on a six month tourist visa, that ran out on July 10th but was extended until September 13th to provide documents for a H-3 visa application. I got married on August 6th to a United States Citizen. Do you think I need to file an I-130?

Thanks again
Yes, you'll need the I-130. Only someone who came in on a K-1 fiance visa or a K-3 spouse visa does not need the I-130. Thanks for clarifying your status.

Rene
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:06 pm

A BIG Thankyou.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:28 am

Rene

On the first question on the I-485 form there is no box for me to tick to say that I am filling out the form because I have just married a U.S. national

Do I leave it blank?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:49 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Rene

On the first question on the I-485 form there is no box for me to tick to say that I am filling out the form because I have just married a U.S. national

Do I leave it blank?
Nope, read more carefully.
For example, start with the name of the I-130.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:51 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do I leave it blank?
You don't leave anything blank. In this case, tick "a"... since you'll be attaching an "immediate relative" petition... that's why you *must* include the I-130. You read the complete text of each option, right?

Ian
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:15 am

thanks Ian, how about class of admission on the I-131?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:46 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You don't leave anything blank. In this case, tick "a"... since you'll be attaching an "immediate relative" petition... that's why you *must* include the I-130. You read the complete text of each option, right?

Ian
killjoy.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... how about class of admission on the I-131?
Repeat the mantra: Google is my friend... Google is my friend.

They're after the type of visa (if any) you used for your most recent entry to the US. You mentioned earlier a "six month tourist visa", so that'd probably be "B2".

Ian
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by meauxna
killjoy.
Oh... damn, and I did it again! Sorry... I'll try to be more brutal in future.

Ian