Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Filed I751, asked for pics, no response

Filed I751, asked for pics, no response

Old Apr 29th 2006, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Jenny54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Filed I-751, asked for pics, no response

I filed I-751 in July 2005 and was asked to send in 2 passport style pictures in Jan 06 which I did. Ever since I have not heard anything. I did call and when I inquired about the process they said no decision was yet made. The processing center is California and when checking on their status I learned they are already processing applications filed in Oct05. I would imagine I would have heard something by now since I filed in July but apparently not. I also have no idea why they asked me for pictures.... Any insights? Thanks

Last edited by Jenny54; Apr 29th 2006 at 6:09 am.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filed I-751, asked for pics, no response

Originally Posted by Jenny54
Any insights?
Make an InfoPass appointment and go talk to someone in person!

Ian
Old Apr 29th 2006, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I filed I-751 in July 2005 and was asked to send in 2 passport style pictures in Jan 06 which I did.
Let me just add here that you should go ahead and file for naturalization when you are otherwise eligible (90 days prior to the 3rd anniversary of the date on your GC). You don't need an approved I-751 to file, and the N-400 will force adjudication of the I-751.

Ian
Old Apr 29th 2006, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

abeln2672 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry about things just yet Jenny. There are a couple of us on here who filed I-751's at CSC in June, got the same request for pics in December, and still haven't heard. You're a month behind us, so don't stress.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Jenny54 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by abeln2672
Don't worry about things just yet Jenny. There are a couple of us on here who filed I-751's at CSC in June, got the same request for pics in December, and still haven't heard. You're a month behind us, so don't stress.
Any ideas what the pics are for? And why our applications are taking so much longer? Thanks again...
Old Apr 30th 2006, 2:28 am
Just Joined

abeln2672 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any ideas what the pics are for? And why our applications are taking so much longer? Thanks again...
Well, the pics are required with I751 apps now...not sure why. They weren't required when we filed, so they had to ask us for them. As to why they're taking so long, your guess is as good as mine. I guess they have a lot of apps to process or ours are in a slower part of the building...another poster on here filed in August and has been approved. Don't question the process--you'll only leave scratching your head.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 2:47 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the pics are required with I751 apps now...not sure why. They weren't required when we filed, so they had to ask us for them.
If you filed in June 2005, photos WERE required then; I'm not sure where you got the impression that they weren't. They've been required as long as I have been participating on this forum, and that's almost four years now. The only change really has been that you can now submit face-front passport photos, whereas before you had to submit the 3/4-head-turn photos.

If you search the forum you'll see where people were talking about the I-751 photo requirement several years ago. This is not a new requirement by any means.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the pics are required with I751 apps now...not sure why. They weren't required when we filed, so they had to ask us for them.
The pictures weren't yet required when we filed in 04, so I'm only guessing, but based on other people's experiences I think the photos are now required so the Green Cards can be produced immediately instead of making you go into the office.
ex: after I-751 approval, my DAH had to make an InfoPass appointment and take his photos in in person, surrender his 2-year card and give a fingerprint.
Current applicants who've sent in photos and their old card get the new 10-year card directly in the mail.
Old May 1st 2006, 6:45 pm
Mh

In article <[email protected]> ,
ian-mstm <member2954@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >> I filed I-751 in July 2005 and was asked to send in 2 passport style
    >> pictures in Jan 06 which I did. Ever since I have not heard anything.
    >> I did call and when I inquired about the process they said no decision
    >> was yet made. The processing center is California and when checking on
    >> their status I learned they are already processing applications filed
    >> in Oct05. I would imagine I would have heard something by now since I
    >> filed in July but apparently not. I also have no idea why they asked
    >> me for pictures.... Any insights? Thanks
    >Let me just add here that you should go ahead and file for
    >naturalization when you are otherwise eligible (90 days prior to the 3rd
    >anniversary of the date on your GC). You don't need an approved I-751 to
    >file, and the N-400 will force adjudication of the I-751.
    >Ian

Right.. Now, what if I am not 100% sure of naturalization (mainly due to the
IRS requiring me to file taxes even if living abroad)? Can I file an N-400,
force them to adjudicate my I-751, and then "change my mind for now" about
the N-400? :-)

MH

Old May 1st 2006, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mh
Can I file an N-400, force them to adjudicate my I-751, and then "change my mind for now" about the N-400? :-)
Yes, I'm sure you can do that. You don't become a USC when the N-400 is approved. You only become a USC when you take the Oath of Allegiance... and there's nothing that says you have to do that ASAP. I guess it'd be unusual not to take the oath, and you wouldn't be a USC until you do, but I don't believe there's a law that says you have to take the oath at the earliest opportunity once the application is approved. Is there a time limit? I don't really know.

Ian
Old May 13th 2006, 2:13 am
Just Joined

j12ungli is an unknown quantity at this point

I also filed I-751 with receipt date of June 9, 2005.
I was requested 2 photographs from USCIS,California Service Center, which my lawyer sent to them in january,2006.

In March, 2006 I inquired about my case status by calling National Service Center. Today I received a mail saying that they haven't received my photographs and hence my case is in supense or hold until they recieve the photographs..

Does anyone know which USCIS address (california service center) did you send the photographs to?

My lawyer is on vacation and I dont know which address to send the photographs too. It will be great help if someone can post the address where photographs need to sent.

I want to re-send the photographs myself and then handle the situation.Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Last edited by j12ungli; May 13th 2006 at 2:20 am.
Old May 13th 2006, 3:04 am
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Filed I-751, asked for pics, no response

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
If you filed in June 2005, photos WERE required then; I'm not sure where you got the impression that they weren't. They've been required as long as I have been participating on this forum, and that's almost four years now. The only change really has been that you can now submit face-front passport photos, whereas before you had to submit the 3/4-head-turn photos.

If you search the forum you'll see where people were talking about the I-751 photo requirement several years ago. This is not a new requirement by any means.

~ Jenney
Hi Jenney & Everyone:

Just to clarify, sending in photos with your I-751 started in October 2005 along with an increase in the filing fee from $200.00 to 205.00. My husband sent his I-751 to the CSC in August 2005 and most definitley photos were not required at that time. My husbands I-751 was approved by the CSC on 4/24/06. The I-751 approval letter instructed him to make an infopass appointment at the local USCIS office which they specifically designated and instructed him to bring in 3 passport style photos along with his passport and expired greencard in order to process him for his new 10 year GC.

My husband had his infopass appointment today, 5/12/06 at 8:00 A.M. Everything went pretty smoothly & everyone was very nice. They completed his I-89 Adit form which processes the new GC. My husband signed this form in two places as well as his fingerprints were placed in two places on the form. They took his expired GC & clipped the corner off of it. They took the three passport style photos & put everything in a little plastic bag & stapled it to the I-89 Adit form. They then stamped my husband's passport with the I-551 stamp & wrote on the passport his new IF1 status and indicated that the I-751 was approved on 4/24/06 and the I-89 Adit form was done on 5/12/06. The gentleman informed us that my husband's new GC should arrive in about 4-6 weeks maybe 8. We were in the car driving back home by 8:37 A.M.. Hopefully his new GC will come very soon. My husband is eligible for US citizenship in 8/2006 which the gentleman at the USCIS office confirmed today.

Good luck to everyone waiting on their I-751. I have an e mail for the CSC if anyone needs or wants it, they respond to your e mails rather quickly.

Fondly
June