Few Questions on Co Sponsor

Old Oct 5th 2004, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Jess2100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Few Questions on Co Sponsor

Hello All,

I am worried the my husbands AOS will be denied. We had his interview and he is approved as long as we find a co sponsor. That was our mistake, we thought even though I didn't make enough the last 3 years (in college) and now that I do we'd be fine...wrong to assume. We were told to come back and bring the co sponsor paper work. We did this last week, however we didn't know his Uncle filed an extension for 2003 tax year, so in the sealed package was his 2000, 2001, and 2002. The interviewer said 2000 was put in instead 2003. She asked when can you get 2003 taxes, we didn't know about the extension, so we said next week. My question is, how do they handle tax extensions...will they say find another co sponsor, okay bring 2003 when its ready, or will they deny him? We have his Aunt as a back up, went to get all her paper work this weekend. Two small problems here, she can't print her 2001 taxes, she needs to find the program to open it so she can print them. She said she thinks she can find the program by Thur, so we should have that. Also, she didn't have her letter of employment and didn't think it was a big thing to get. We told her that they want to see it. But, she's not going into her office this week (she's been working at different companies lately). She was the sponsor of her mother about a year ago and thought they have a file on her already, so some missing paper work should be fine. I am sure we can get the taxes and letter, but maybe not by Wed in time for Thur. I am worried if my husband shows up with some things missing for the 3rd time they may deny him. I am not blaming anyone, it was our stupidity. Just worried. Recap on my questions. 1. Case with his Uncle, how will they handle a tax extension..case closed or wait for 2003 taxes? 2. If we don't have all of his Aunt's paper work, do you think they will let us come back again with it, or case closed? THANKS for all the great help!!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 4:29 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Few Questions on Co Sponsor

Jess,

You are asking questions that only the USCIS case officer who is handling your husband's case can answer. Keep the appointment next week, explain what you've learned and the options you're exploring, and the case officer will answer your questions.

Good luck.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Jess2100
Hello All,

I am worried the my husbands AOS will be denied. We had his interview and he is approved as long as we find a co sponsor. That was our mistake, we thought even though I didn't make enough the last 3 years (in college) and now that I do we'd be fine...wrong to assume. We were told to come back and bring the co sponsor paper work. We did this last week, however we didn't know his Uncle filed an extension for 2003 tax year, so in the sealed package was his 2000, 2001, and 2002. The interviewer said 2000 was put in instead 2003. She asked when can you get 2003 taxes, we didn't know about the extension, so we said next week. My question is, how do they handle tax extensions...will they say find another co sponsor, okay bring 2003 when its ready, or will they deny him? We have his Aunt as a back up, went to get all her paper work this weekend. Two small problems here, she can't print her 2001 taxes, she needs to find the program to open it so she can print them. She said she thinks she can find the program by Thur, so we should have that. Also, she didn't have her letter of employment and didn't think it was a big thing to get. We told her that they want to see it. But, she's not going into her office this week (she's been working at different companies lately). She was the sponsor of her mother about a year ago and thought they have a file on her already, so some missing paper work should be fine. I am sure we can get the taxes and letter, but maybe not by Wed in time for Thur. I am worried if my husband shows up with some things missing for the 3rd time they may deny him. I am not blaming anyone, it was our stupidity. Just worried. Recap on my questions. 1. Case with his Uncle, how will they handle a tax extension..case closed or wait for 2003 taxes? 2. If we don't have all of his Aunt's paper work, do you think they will let us come back again with it, or case closed? THANKS for all the great help!!