Fees

Old Apr 24th 2009, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

USGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fees

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else, but I searched the forum and couldn't find it.

My husband and I are about to pay the fees for the I-864 ($70) and the IV fee ($400). We also have to get a police certificate and pay for that, and get the medical.

My question: What, if any, fees are there for the medical, and are there any other fees after that we have to pay? At the beginning of this process, I thought I added up the fees and it was something like $4000, but I don't think we have paid anything near that. Did I incorrectly research at the beginning, or am I missing something now?

Thanks!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

kstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to all
Default Re: Fees

Originally Posted by USGirl
I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else, but I searched the forum and couldn't find it.

My husband and I are about to pay the fees for the I-864 ($70) and the IV fee ($400). We also have to get a police certificate and pay for that, and get the medical.

My question: What, if any, fees are there for the medical, and are there any other fees after that we have to pay? At the beginning of this process, I thought I added up the fees and it was something like $4000, but I don't think we have paid anything near that. Did I incorrectly research at the beginning, or am I missing something now?

Thanks!
I believe my husband had to pay 130 GBP for his medical appointment. It needed to be paid in full before they would see him and he needed to bring all of his paperwork, photos and documents with him. The police he paid for twice because they had just changed over to the new form, so they made him get the second one which was 35 GBP. Then you have to pay for all your passport photos, the police clearance needed one, the medical needed one, the visa needed one and you needed to send one in for the K1, and again for the AOS I believe. Once he goes for his interview he will have to pay again for his visa, I can't remember how much but I think it was around 100 GBP, and then he had to pay for the mail carrier to deliver his passport which cost me $50.

There will be little costs here and there that pop up and then the larger fees on top of that. I think the $4000 is closer to what you will have spent after all is said and done. I don't think we have spent that much and we were just approved for the AOS-GC. The next fee will be our two year removal which right now is about $355, but who knows in 2 years what it will be then.

Hope that helps!

~Kate
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fees

Originally Posted by USGirl

Thanks!
The medical price is posted on the London Consular site.

The fees are nothing like $4K.. my usual budget guess is closer to 2K for *everything* including travel.