Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Federal Level - Labor Certification Processing Times

Federal Level - Labor Certification Processing Times

Old Jul 17th 2002, 11:20 pm
Douglas Garstan

Default Federal Level - Labor Certification Processing Times

Hi All.

I started my green card labor certification in August last year and I'm still waiting
for it. Anyone else who started around that time had their labor certification
completed recently? It would be nice to get a rough idea of how much freekin longer
it will be.

I was looking at the Federal Level Level information at immigration.com. I'm in
California and the law firm representing me is also in California. I don't know what
Regional Office at the Federal Level my file would be routed through. Where would a
California application most likely be routed through? I don't even know if its gone
to that level yet.

What is __really__ concerning are those dates! Am I reading these wrong? The San
Francisco office as at June 14 was processing applications from TWO YEARS ago! Does
this mean that my labor certification has another TWO YEARS PLUS before its
completed? Seriously if thats the case, I might as well just withdraw now because I
can't live like this for another 2 years.

Regards Douglas Garstang

Old Jul 18th 2002, 12:14 am
Just Joined

akosmokus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Federal Level - Labor Certification Processing Times

Douglas,
unfortunately you can believe your eyes, the dates are correct on immigration.com!

you can alternatively check http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp, the dates are updated monthly.

If you applied your application based on employement last year in california than first it has to go through the state level (processing approximately 1 year for RIR - expediated cases) and than it gets transfered to federal level DOL (processing takes appr. 6 mos now for RIR cases). FYI the state level as of today is processing aug 31, 2001 cases. DOL is working through cases around mid. december last year - RIR cases.

DOL either accepts or denies or asks for more recruitment effort from the company because of the current downturn. This can further delay your case.

So if you filed under RIR it takes appr. 1.5-2 years to get just the LC done and than you still have the i-140 phase, which isn't much better...

Your figures look a lot worse if yours isn't an RIR case.

There are many frustrated and angry folks like you out there- i consider myself one of them. My husband's LC was applied last october- and we're still waiting. it seems impossible to me too.

Try to voice your concerns to senators and representatives, hopefully if a lot of people turns to them, something might happen to resolve this ridiculus situation.

Good luck.
Ana
Old Jul 18th 2002, 12:20 am
Slt

"Douglas Garstang" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All.
    >
    > I started my green card labor certification in August last year and I'm still
    > waiting for it. Anyone else who started around that time had their labor
    > certification completed recently? It would be nice to get a rough idea of how much
    > freekin longer it will be.

Make no doubt, very long

> I was looking at the Federal Level Level information at immigration.com. I'm in
    > California and the law firm representing me is also in California. I don't know
    > what Regional Office at the Federal Level my file would be routed through. Where
    > would a California application most likely be routed through? I don't even know if
    > its gone to that level yet.

go here http://ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp first goes State than if state is OK,
then goes Regional
    >
    > What is __really__ concerning are those dates! Am I reading these wrong? The San
    > Francisco office as at June 14 was processing applications from TWO YEARS ago! Does
    > this mean that my labor certification has another TWO YEARS PLUS before its
    > completed?

Yep, that's true. All this LC system is screwed up beyond all limits. If you are not
Extraordinary Ability or do not qualify for National Interest Waiver DOL will screw
you badly with all these lags in processing.

best slt

Old Jul 18th 2002, 3:20 am
Eric

Hi Douglas,

You have all my sympathy. The labor certification is a very frustrating time to go
through. Mine was approved just a few days ago, and filed initially (In Boston) in
February 2000. Almost 30 months of waiting.

What's most frustrating is that it's impossible to have an ETA, and some friends of
mine got their paperwork sooner than I had, some are still waiting... I don't mind
the waiting so much, as long as I know how long I need to wait for. For all the
duration of the LC process, I could never have that time estimate.

It's no comfort, but keep your expectation low and brace yourself for another 18/24
months of waiting,

How much "Douglas Garstang" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All.
    >
    > I started my green card labor certification in August last year and I'm still
    > waiting for it. Anyone else who started around that time had their labor
    > certification completed recently? It would be nice to get a rough idea of how much
    > freekin longer it will be.

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 9:20 pm
Ashok

I am in a similar situation. My LC was applied in august last year and I just got a
transmittal notice saying that my application has been moved to the Department of
labor. Which means that my application is now with the Federal. My question is : Does
the frderal department issue a new priority date or does the old priority date of
August 2001 continue? Please reply,

Thanks,

"Eric" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<5spZ8.42540$Wt3.31539@rwcrnsc53>...
    > Hi Douglas,
    >
    > You have all my sympathy. The labor certification is a very frustratinch means tg
    > time to go through. Mine was approved just a few days ago, and filed initially (In
    > Boston) in February 2000. Almost 30 months of waiting.
    >
    > What's most frustrating is that it's impossible to have an ETA, and some friends of
    > mine got their paperwork sooner than I had, some are still waiting... I don't mind
    > the waiting so much, as long as I know how long I need to wait for. For all the
    > duration of the LC process, I could ver have that time estimate.
    >
    > It's no comfort, but keep your expectation low and brace yourself for another 18/24
    > months of waiting,
    >
    >
    > How much "Douglas Garstang" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi All.
    > >
    > > I started my green card labor certification in August last year and I'm still
    > > waiting for it. Anyone else who started around that time had their labor
    > > certification completed recently? It would be nice to get a rough idea of how
    > > much freekin longer it will be.

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

akosmokus is an unknown quantity at this point

Ashok,
yes when transfered to federal DOL a new # is assigned to your application and the date of transfer serves as your priority date @ DOL.

hope this helps,
Ana
Old Jul 25th 2002, 7:20 pm
Sylvia Ottemoel

Ashok wrote:

> I am in a similar situation. My LC was applied in august last year and I just got a
    > transmittal notice saying that my application has been moved to the Department of
    > labor. Which means that my application is now with the Federal. My question is :
    > Does the frderal department issue a new priority date or does the old priority date
    > of August 2001 continue?

For family-based or employment-based immigration to the U.S., there is only one
priority date: the date that the first application or petition was received by INS or
by the SESA.

In your case, you will not get a new priority date. There will be "receipt dates,"
for various applications or petitions, but your priority date has been established as
the day the SESA received your application.