That was fast!

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:51 am
Just Joined

hyd-pdx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default That was fast!

Well, my husband and I sent that DS230 and request for interview around the 15th of August. Sent to the Consulate in Chennai where his case is. I resigned myself to wait several months before we heard anything from them..

Just out of curiousity, I sent an email to the Consulate's IV UNIT, asking if they receive our forms.. they replied within in two hours (they have been GREAT at replying to emails.. once we got a reply within 33 minutes (gmail tells you..)

Anyway, they said forms were received and they were sending the appointment letter soon! Still..

Sept. 1st, postman comes to the gate.. I didn't jump up to see, cos I wasn't expecting anything.. he gave an envelope to my husband's young cousin and said "This is very important!!" when I heard that I was thinking hmmm

Well! The appointment letter! Husband's interview is for October 04th. I can't believe HOW QUICK THAT IS!!

I've heard horror stories about it taking 4 - 6 months to get an interview, and we get one within 6 weeks of request..

Hopefully this is a good sign. Just wanted to share. It seems the US Consulate in Chennai really has their stuff together. Much easier dealing with them than the Indian government.