Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

family based immigration interview question

family based immigration interview question

Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:32 pm
Shabu

Default family based immigration interview question

I filed for family based immigration case july '04 thru my wife who is
a US Citizen. mine is a simple "one-step" case. we've been married for
two years. Now we have ou interview on Feb 2. I was wondering what to
expect during the interview. What kind of questions do the USCIS ask? I
have heard that those interview can be really bad.
Any comments?

-Shoaib

Old Jan 30th 2005, 8:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: family based immigration interview question

Depends on how you present yourself and first impressions along with the details on your petition. If there is a large age discrepancy between the two of you, particularly if the wife is older, or if you are of a nationality/religion where marriage to a non-member of your culture or religion is prohibited you might encounter a DAO who is thorough in their questioning.

In our case the DAO asked no questions of my foreign husband but asked them all of me. In order cases, the foreign spouse was asked the questions and the USC nothing.

You can go here and read what others have experienced at their interviews through the US for the last seven years:

http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html

I was asked do I know how many times my husband was formerly married and the names of his former wives and his children? Did I know what he did in the RCAF for 36 years? I was asked how we met and when?

In Kentucky is it standard for one DAO to separate the couple and ask each of them questions privately and then compare the answers.

If you are a legitimate couple, you won't have a problem answering any question that is thrown at you.

Originally Posted by Shabu
I filed for family based immigration case july '04 thru my wife who is
a US Citizen. mine is a simple "one-step" case. we've been married for
two years. Now we have ou interview on Feb 2. I was wondering what to
expect during the interview. What kind of questions do the USCIS ask? I
have heard that those interview can be really bad.
Any comments?

-Shoaib