Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Failure to Disclose Traffic Violations on N400 - Possible Mistake??

Failure to Disclose Traffic Violations on N400 - Possible Mistake??

Old Sep 27th 2009, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Failure to Disclose Traffic Violations on N400 - Possible Mistake??

Originally Posted by hollywoodgirl
Plus since whatever he says or does is "always right" by default, by doing something different I'm inevitably wrong.
Been there... done that. I recommend "Toxic Parents" by Susan Forward.

Ian
Old Sep 27th 2009, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn - the lawyer was highly recommended to me so I am very confused about why she would have said no if everyone is so adamant that I should have said yes.
Hi:

Why the "damn" in the comment? Just curious.

Why do you remain confused?

BTW, if it makes you feel better, you may wish to break Folinsky's Rule #3 of successful interviewing to an extent -- when asked, any convictions you are free to answer "Other than some traffic tickets, no." Betcha the next question will be "any drunk drivings?"

BTW, none of those citations are "material" in any case.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

hollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

BTW, if it makes you feel better, you may wish to break Folinsky's Rule #3 of successful interviewing to an extent -- when asked, any convictions you are free to answer "Other than some traffic tickets, no." Betcha the next question will be "any drunk drivings?"

BTW, none of those citations are "material" in any case.
Thanks for the advice!! Where can I read a list of all your rules for successful interviewing? I think I need to read them!!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

hollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Ooops, just realized I never addressed your questions before I hit send.

First, just annoyed with myself for trusting this immigration lawyer when everyone else clearly seems to think the opposite. So just annoyed and frustrated and hoping it doesn't cause a problem

The confusion was just at how someone who does this for a living, and who was naturalized herself too, could not know such a thing that seems so obvious to everyone else!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice!! Where can I read a list of all your rules for successful interviewing? I think I need to read them!!
Here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...40&postcount=7

Rene
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Thanks for this Noorah - so helpful!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
That's interesting, why didn't you tell your family?
So much for suprising my husband. I caved and ended up telling him last night. I think this is just too big for me to go through alone and not have anyone to talk to. Plus since I've been having second thoughts about getting citizenship since I mailed the application, I thought I should talk to him about this.

Who knows what my tax situation is going to look like in 10, 20, 30 years... I don't know if I won't get citizenship because of that. Right now I'm leaning towards doing it. Plus I found out this morning that my check was finally cashed. So excited to have my own timeline moving along.