F4 Visa

Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of
Question F4 Visa

Our priority date on our F4 visa application will be reached next year. Can someone tell me, in basic terms, what happens when it is reached?
We have heard that it can take some time to process after that.

Thanks
Jo
Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F4 Visa

Originally Posted by joeyb
Our priority date on our F4 visa application will be reached next year. Can someone tell me, in basic terms, what happens when it is reached?

Thanks
Jo
Are you talking F-4 USA or Ausralia ...
Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Jo
It will? How do you know?

About one year before the Dept of State thinks that your number will come current, they will contact you to get the intial steps of the Immigrant Visa application going.
The first thing is a Choice of Agent, followed by a bill, DS-230, another bill, I-864 and then the civil document collection.
The idea is that your application is ready for interview as soon as your PD is current.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ray
Are you talking F-4 USA or Ausralia ...
Hi Ray

I am talking F4 USA.
We have had our application in for about 10 years now.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ray

I am talking F4 USA.
We have had our application in for about 10 years now.
Hi:

BTW, the convention for family based immigrant side of the visa shop is "FB-4".

I want to warn against a common but fallacious belief -- if the current priority date is within a year of your priority date, then you are about a year away. The fallacy arises in that the system give a set number of visas per fiscal year -- and if there are more applicants than slots, the numbers will move slowly, and sometimes even backwards.

Take a look at the history of the FB-4 allocations, they do not move in a linear fashion. Sometimes they may jump a lot, but usually not.

As mentioned elsewhere, the National Visa Center should contact you and/or the petitioner when the Department of State thinks you are about a year away. It is a good idea to advise NVC of the current addresses of you and your US sibling.