F1 VISA DENIED TWICE

Old Sep 8th 2010, 10:22 am
Just Joined

blackberri is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy F1 VISA DENIED TWICE

Hi Everyone,

I am newbie to this forum and i wondered if anyone had any advice for me.

I am a british citizen and i applied to study in the US and was suppose to start in the fall semester. I received the approval from the University I-20 etc and was denied the visa to study twice under section 214b. The college has now deferred my start date for the spring semester. However, I am so worried i will be denied again this student visa. Just wanted to know if anyone had this experience and what they did to have a visa approved.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 VISA DENIED TWICE

Originally Posted by blackberri
Hi Everyone,

I am newbie to this forum and i wondered if anyone had any advice for me.

I am a british citizen and i applied to study in the US and was suppose to start in the fall semester. I received the approval from the University I-20 etc and was denied the visa to study twice under section 214b. The college has now deferred my start date for the spring semester. However, I am so worried i will be denied again this student visa. Just wanted to know if anyone had this experience and what they did to have a visa approved.
This is what the Dept of State says about the denial. (I assume you have already looked at this site. All it took me was a quite Google of 214b to find it) It appears you have to show stronger ties to your home country that would compel you to leave the US and return home. As I do not know your circumstances I do not know what you could do to improve your chances. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to offer advice.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

blackberri is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that SarahG.. But i have been reading on the 214b denial and stuff.

Maybe i should have provided more information, so her goes. I am 25, married no children working for local government in a senior role, i have a council property and saving to cover my tuition. My husband will not be travelling will be staying in the UK as he has his job here. Most of my family is in the UK. I am uncertain of what to show as ties in the UK. The CO didnt ask me any questions only why i chose NY and then handed me the reject letter on the second occasion, the CO said he can see i had ties to the UK but still agreed with his colleague. So right now i am lost..... any help please.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought having a husband and a home (even if it is rented) here would be a strong reason to return to the UK! Is your job being held open for you to return to? Someone I worked with left the UK just before I did to do a course at a school in California and I think she is doing a mini career break and will go back to her job once school is over.
Not sure what else to suggest. Best of luck!
Old Sep 8th 2010, 1:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Moved your thread to the proper forum.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe i should have provided more information...
This info is important for the Consulate also. Having a husband and job in the UK is nice... but you need to document that you have a husband and a job in the UK. It's the documentation of all this stuff that the Consulate wants to see. It's the lack of documentation that's most likely at the root of the problem... they want paperwork - give them paperwork.

Ian
Old Sep 8th 2010, 5:00 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe i should have provided more information, so her goes. I am 25, married no children working for local government in a senior role, i have a council property and saving to cover my tuition. My husband will not be travelling will be staying in the UK as he has his job here. Most of my family is in the UK. I am uncertain of what to show as ties in the UK. The CO didnt ask me any questions only why i chose NY and then handed me the reject letter on the second occasion, the CO said he can see i had ties to the UK but still agreed with his colleague. So right now i am lost..... any help please.
It seems like it might be a good idea for you to have a professional consultation to find out what's wrong with your application.
The problem you face now is multiple attempts start to look desperate and can work against you. I'd say you need someone to review your paperwork and give you a proper individualized report about what you've presented incorrectly.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 6:09 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm being picky on your wording, but...

Would the rest of your family be in the US? If so, that might be a contributing factor.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by celticgrid
Maybe I'm being picky on your wording, but...

Would the rest of your family be in the US? If so, that might be a contributing factor.
The reading between the lines.

Bearing in mind the US is a very expensive place for education, what is it that attracts you to that particular course, did you convey this?
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:11 pm
Banned

igotheesta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
It seems like it might be a good idea for you to have a professional consultation to find out what's wrong with your application.
The problem you face now is multiple attempts start to look desperate and can work against you. I'd say you need someone to review your paperwork and give you a proper individualized report about what you've presented incorrectly.
Isn't the main problem the fact she is going without her Husband?. Why is no one suggesting that is problem, I am not passing judgement I am just asking a question doesn't her travelling over alone smack off immigrant intent?
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igotheesta
Isn't the main problem the fact she is going without her Husband?. Why is no one suggesting that is problem, I am not passing judgement I am just asking a question doesn't her travelling over alone smack off immigrant intent?
No, normally the opposite.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igotheesta
No. The fact that she has a husband to return home to says a lot for her NOT wanting to stay in the USA.

If they were both attempting to go to the USA together, it might look like they both want to stay there.

Rene
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:44 pm
Banned

igotheesta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
No, normally the opposite.
Ok fair enough.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 3:37 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Bearing in mind the US is a very expensive place for education, ?
Could this be the problem? Most potential students do not have very strong ties, but a possible sub-optimal perception may be that the OP would have to bail out of school and work to cover her bills.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Could this be the problem? Most potential students do not have very strong ties, but a possible sub-optimal perception may be that the OP would have to bail out of school and work to cover her bills.
Could be, but the fact that the OP got an I-20 in the first place indicates that they must have satisfied the school that they had sufficient funds to cover their expenses. Of course the CO has to be satisfied as well, but in many cases they seem to take the fact that the I-20 was issued by the school in the first place as being sufficient. A friend of mine is over here on an F-1 visa right now and he was lucky enough to have one of those "30 second" interviews at which essentially no questions were asked - they certainly didn't ask anything about his finances (although he had, of course, already provided that information to the school).

So, I think that is is really hard to know what went wrong for the OP. Perhaps, as has already been suggested, if an experience immigration attorney were to review the documentation that the OP submitted they might be able to see some potential problem areas - or perhaps not ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.