F1 VISA - 221g issued pls help

Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

rockky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default F1 VISA - 221g issued pls help

hi friends

heres my case...if you can throw some light on my case and tell me wats rong and how much time....

26th july 2010 was the VI
221g yellow slip 2nd option checked
mumbai consulate India
no docs asked till today
report date on i20 25th aug 2010 which has passed..
called dos emailed dos/consulate many times same reply pending....
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 VISA - 221g issued pls help

Originally Posted by rockky
hi friends

heres my case...if you can throw some light on my case and tell me wats rong and how much time....

26th july 2010 was the VI
221g yellow slip 2nd option checked
mumbai consulate India
no docs asked till today
report date on i20 25th aug 2010 which has passed..
called dos emailed dos/consulate many times same reply pending....
VI - Visa Interview? For student visa, right?

What does the 2nd option on the yellow slip say, exactly?

It seems you are in Admin Processing, which has no deadline for completion. It could be weeks, months, or even in some rare cases, years.

Rene
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:37 am
Just Joined

VI is visa interview and yea F1 student visa

2nd option is no additional docs are required and application is under admin processing...once done we will contact u to submit docs to gt visa stamped..

i know its not time bound...

but in case of mumbai its taking 40 days on average...

mine is 38th today..

all my joining dates are passed now...defer to spring is an option....

for TAL they give 1st and 3rd option and ask for cv questionare and admit letter....but in my case they dint ask anything....

does it mean its a name check ??? or wat does it mean ??

can we talk to congressmen in US to speed up the case...as many ppl have tried it (checked on google)and it works sometimes...

and also how to contact them since i am india...i dont have any one in US ...

dis is the link for congress in US

www webslingerz.com/jhoffman/congress-email.html

Last edited by rockky; Sep 1st 2010 at 7:39 am.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Admin Processing is a general term for anything the consulate is doing with your case right now...could be further research into your file, your background, security checks, name checks, background checks, document review, etc.

can we talk to congressmen in US to speed up the case...as many ppl have tried it (checked on google)and it works sometimes...

and also how to contact them since i am india...i dont have any one in US ...
I suppose you can try, but I wouldn't put much faith in a non-USC talking to a US congressperson about coming over as a student. I doubt they can do anything for you. They will tell you Admin Processing is normal in a case like yours.

Rene
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

i know its not time bound...
but in case of mumbai its taking 40 days on average...
mine is 38th today..
We have seen many cases of AP taking 3-4 months, sometimes 6 or 7 months... sometimes 2 years!

It means a thorough background check... name, fingerprints, where you've been, what you've done, who you've associated with. It's pretty comprehensive.

can we talk to congressmen in US to speed up the case...
No.

...as many ppl have tried it (checked on google)and it works sometimes...
Not for AP - not that I've ever seen. AP is a matter of national security... and NO one can speed it up. It will take as long as it takes.

Ian
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

i understand....all dis

but i dont get it my interview was for 10 seconds only....

how can Visa officer within 10 seconds decide dat i fall under 221g .....and normal time in mumbai is 40 days as per the history of cases for F1
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:49 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

Sadly the US can do this to you because you have no standing, and USCIS does not value your business...

The only way you and others could fight this, is to take control over what you can control.

If everyone in your situation looked for another study destination and wrote a good 10-20 letters to key people in the US Government and to the prospective school telling them they have decided to pursue their
$$$$$$ education $$$$$
somewhere else because USCIS/DHS, US Government is too restrictive and you won't put up with the delays, and you will take your brains and money elsewhere, something eventually would happen.

But, alas, most everyone in your situation puts up with...so nothing changes.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

well der r many ppl who tried talking to dem..but was of no use..

this 221g mania is getting worst after 9/11 ...so many ppl r issued dis..

but hyd is fastest of all consulate 21 days only...mumbai is worst slower den any 1 can imagine......40 days min and max 2 years or more...

well in my case ...i dont have nothing rong on my background....for which they flag my name in their system...d only thing is if some 1 who share a similar name as me has done something rong they think i will also do it...lol

dis system is so slow and students are loosing time and money and d most imp few years of their life...
Old Sep 1st 2010, 3:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

\
well in my case ...i dont have nothing rong on my background....for which they flag my name in their system...d only thing is if some 1 who share a similar name as me has done something rong they think i will also do it...lol

What of course you wont know is thay on the terrorist list there may be 3 other people with your name .. they have to ensure none of them are you

and of course if you name is Osama bin Laden ... the wait time will be considerable
Old Sep 1st 2010, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

lol ya dats true.....

but it wudnt take ages for checking d same rite ???
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

lol ya dats true.....

but it wudnt take ages for checking d same rite ???
the longest I can remember was 4 years .....
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

was it for f1 ??
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:35 pm
Ray

was it for f1 ??
No it was for an H1 .. he was russian ...
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

hmmm

ne news abt f1?
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:52 pm

hmmm

ne news abt f1?
It doesn't really matter what kind of visa it is. AP is the same for all visa types.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.