F1 to H!

Old Feb 25th 2019, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

daniel777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default F1 to H!

Hello,

I am F1 now, And i need to apply for H1 this year so I can work. If someone knows which (employer) can help me apply for H1, Please feel free to tell me, I can pay you and the emploer. thank you
Old Feb 25th 2019, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: F1 to H!

My major is Computer science
Old Feb 25th 2019, 7:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You can't pay anyone here to find an employer for you. You need to be networking in your field to make contact with potential employers.

Can you go on OPT for a year? Perhaps the employer who does your OPT will also sponsor your H1B when the time comes.

You don't have much time this year, the employer must file your petition on April 1st if you want to start in October 2019.

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2019, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

But i don't have OPT now. Here is the problem.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daniel777
But i don't have OPT now. Here is the problem.
So you are on an F-1 and still in school, with no OPT to tide you over for a year to get experience?

Well, you have a month to start networking and applying for jobs in your field with the hope that an employer will want to hire you and file your petition on April 1, 2019.

Personally I think your chances are not very good, but all you can do is try. Otherwise, stick with another F-1 visa to further your education or return home and start working for a UK company that has offices in the USA, with a goal to get transferred in the future.

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2019, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

Contact any and all companies in San Francisco Bay Area: these companies cannot get enough developers on board and especially junior ones because it is hard for younger people to live in the area due to the high cost of living. You have until 1 April for them to file for you for an October start (if you make it through the lottery: you have a 1 in 4 chance of selection, which is slightly higher if you have an advanced degree from a US university).
Old Feb 25th 2019, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

If you can, get the OPT and then work on the H-1 or other visa once you've proven yourself a bit to the OPT sponsor. If you qualify for OPT you already have an advantage for a potential employer that would otherwise have to go through H-1B lottery. As you are in STEM you potentially also qualify for OPT extension.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 3:42 am
Just Joined

Thank you all
Old Feb 26th 2019, 10:27 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Please feel free to tell me, I can pay you and the emploer. thank you
That's quite a statement for a first post.

Have you done any networking in the multiple years you've been in the US?
Old Feb 26th 2019, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
That's quite a statement for a first post.

Have you done any networking in the multiple years you've been in the US?
what this means?

Last edited by Noorah101; Feb 26th 2019 at 5:31 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 5:33 pm

what this means?
It means, have you done any networking with people or companies in your field, during the past few years that you were a student in the USA?

Just out of curiosity, what country are you from?

Rene
Old Feb 26th 2019, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It means, have you done any networking with people or companies in your field, during the past few years that you were a student in the USA?

Just out of curiosity, what country are you from?

Rene
Thanks.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 6:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

what this means?
Do not be offended but from your post I gleam that English is not your first language and/or you have reading, comprehension and writing difficulties.

Do you have your degree? Why are you not eligible to OPT? How long have you been in the US? What are your qualifications and work experience that warrant an employer paying thousands of dollars to get you an H-1 visa?
Old Feb 26th 2019, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Do not be offended but from your post I gleam that English is not your first language and/or you have reading, comprehension and writing difficulties.

Do you have your degree? Why are you not eligible to OPT? How long have you been in the US? What are your qualifications and work experience that warrant an employer paying thousands of dollars to get you an H-1 visa?
I have master degree, But i have alredy use my opt. so that is why I want to apply for H1,
Old Feb 27th 2019, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

I have master degree, But i have alredy use my opt. so that is why I want to apply for H1,
I think OPT can be extended to 3 years, if you have a qualifying degree in STEM related subjects.