Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Extend ESTA due to medical emergency

Extend ESTA due to medical emergency

Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extend ESTA due to medical emergency

Originally Posted by crg
Right now, concentrate on your health and on having a healthy baby. Let the people around you sort out the 90-day problem. God willing, I'll be back in the US for a birth myself within the next 60 days. It would be incredible if I run into you at the hospital nursery.
Awesome post and my gods man, what have you been up to now?!

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I think Meauxna needs to switch to decaf! She was definitely on a roll this morning!

Ian
eww.. what is this 'decaf' you speak of? I have super-click anyway.

Originally Posted by Southsearocks
As a nurse myself ....
Ah, the irony!

Thanks for all your helpful replies. I think the best thing we could do is go down to the immigration dept in Philly and get it sorted there. Or at least my partner may have to go. I so hope they will let him stay too but he needs to be able to return here for business and family so I don't want him to jeopardise that.

I don't know if anyone has see the film Brazil, but the bureaucracy reminds me a lot of that!

Thanks again
Re-read crg's post about the 30 days.. if you *know* there is no way you'll meet that deadline, you could save the trouble.

Pay close attention to what we were saying about documenting this with the Consulate too.. if an overstay, you can not use the VWP again, but it doesn't mean you can get visas to come to the US like everyone else in the world (the VWP is for a fairly narrow group of countries) so you'd both be theoretically able to return to visit and for work.

The bureaucracy isn't soooo bad in this case.. you were allowed to travel here visa free, and it just has a lot of restrictions attached to the privilege.

Hope you're feeling well today.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Southsearocks is a name known to allSouthsearocks is a name known to allSouthsearocks is a name known to allSouthsearocks is a name known to allSouthsearocks is a name known to allSouthsearocks is a name known to allSouthsearocks is a name known to allSouthsearocks is a name known to allSouthsearocks is a name known to allSouthsearocks is a name known to allSouthsearocks is a name known to all

Hi meauxna, yes we're doing ok. Sorry I got the name wrong in my last post, I wasn't paying enough attention and I hope I haven't started a big hoo-ha. I was sincerely looking for advice as it's a very worrying time for us with one thing and another and people have been very helpful on the whole. The care we are receiving is second to none and we're really grateful to the hospital staff here, who are just brilliant (crg - hope everything goes well for you!). But I would like to be having my baby at home and our intention was never to have an American passport for the baby

Thanks again and I'll let you know how it gets resolved.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:05 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry Southsea, you didn't start a hoo-ha. Keep resting up, and send your other half in here to wrangle with the fine details of immgration!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 10:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Not your hoo ha (hoo boy, that has a different meaning here btw, your hoo ha is where the baby comes out ) just a lot of off topic, so don't worry about it.. plus, you're much tougher than we thought.

I checked for you, btw, Cunard isn't sailing back til March.. thought that would be a way home earlier for you.

As baby's arriving in Philadelphia, you just *have* to name him Rocky now.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna

As baby's arriving in Philadelphia, you just *have* to name him Rocky now.
Great, and now I've got that stupid tune stuck in my head..thanks Meauxna
Old Jan 13th 2011, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by lisa67
Great, and now I've got that stupid tune stuck in my head..thanks Meauxna
No charge!